Cereal Boxes As Gift Boxes Or Gift Bags

I save all of my cereal boxes or any box that is about that size. I take those small cans of paint and some paint that is gold or silver color. I then spray my box with the color of paint that I want to use. When it's dry, I spray mists of the silver or gold or both on the box. When the box is dry, I take some of the Christmas cord found at craft stores. I make a couple holes on the narrow side of the box or two holes on each side of the box. Then I tie a knot on one end of the cord slip it through the first hole then through the last one then tie a knot on that end. Now you have a gift bag/box. You can also use stickers, ribbons, or just about any thing on your box to decorate it.

By Robin Mays from Bonham, TX

Answers:

Cereal Boxes As Gift Boxes Or Gift Bags

This has got to be one of the best frugal gift giving ideas I've heard. Great idea! Also if the box is too large for your gift item you can cut it down. Thanks for a great gift bag idea! (11/10/2006)

By jjager

Cereal Boxes As Gift Boxes Or Gift Bags

Dear Robin, I also think this is one of the best ideas I have heard. I have just gone through my pantry and found other boxes that could be used the same way. This is great as I hate throwing things out. Thanks for sharing. (11/10/2006)

By downunderchick

Cereal Boxes As Gift Boxes Or Gift Bags

This is a terrific idea- and one of the best tips I have heard about in a long time too!
Just one thing - i will have to start eating cereal now just so I can have the boxes! :D
Well done- fabulous idea, thank you.(11/11/2006)

By Monique63

Cereal Boxes As Gift Boxes Or Gift Bags

Such a neat idea! Thanks for sharing! And something to do with kids! (11/11/2006)

By mobo

Cereal Boxes As Gift Boxes Or Gift Bags

I wish someone would post some pictures as I'm trying to understand exactly what this looks like. I don't mean to criticize either but doesn't this end up costing more in the cost of the paint than just buying a gift bag at the Dollar store? I understand wanting to re-use something and the idea of being creative but it doesn't sound frugal to me. Maybe I am missing something tho??? (11/11/2006)

By Debbie52

Cereal Boxes As Gift Boxes Or Gift Bags

Hi Robin, I really like your idea. It will be great to use up all the half empty spray cans that we have in the garage. I think the silver and gold misted over the other colors will look very elegant. I also have acrylic paints that I may sponge paint over the spray painted boxes, or use an old toothbrush and "flick" the acrylic paint on. You really helped me to get my creative juices flowing, thanks! (11/11/2006)

By Persnickety Paula

Cereal Boxes As Gift Boxes Or Gift Bags

And, now, for being CAREFUL in opening those tough cereal boxes without damaging them! I like the idea, especially for my grandson's friends' parties, and especially since I can barely afford a little gift, much less the wrapping and ribbon. With a little more thinking I might be able to wrap it in kraft paper -bag, make some "finger prints", hand prints and secret code lettering out of tempera paint, even buying a "spy" gift that's so popular. Or, let my grandson glue on a painted picture especially for the friend's hobby. Good idea to "chew" on. LOL God bless you. : ) (11/11/2006)

By Lynda

Cereal Boxes As Gift Boxes Or Gift Bags

Hello Robin, That is funny that you mentioned it here. I just discovered that same idea recently. At Christmas time I sometimes have a hard time finding bags or boxes to give all my gifts in. I just can't see spending a dollar to give a gift away in, thats the cost of a gift bag or box nowadays.
I spray mine with low odor spray paint and sprinkle wth glitter and sometimes glue on sprigs if pine tree from the x-mas lots you can pick up for free and add pine cones to the center and voila! Thanks for sharing. (11/11/2006)

By Crystel Tse

Cereal Boxes As Gift Boxes Or Gift Bags

This is also a way to use up those small pieces of wrapping paper that seem to collect. Cover the box completely or cut out shapes and glue. And from the sewing/craft box....add bits of lace/ribbons/buttons...endless ways to dress up the box and have fun, too. (11/17/2006)

By MissMakeDo

Cereal Boxes As Gift Boxes Or Gift Bags

This is also a way to use up those small pieces of wrapping paper that seem to collect. Cover the box completely or cut out shapes and glue. And from the sewing/craft box....add bits of lace/ribbons/buttons... endless ways to dress up the box and have fun, too. (11/17/2006)

By MissMakeDo

Cereal Boxes As Gift Boxes Or Gift Bags

I too think this is a neat idea! You could also save the smaller boxes like the ones pop tarts came in or those breakfast bars. I also like the idea of using up left over wrapping paper or old wall paper scrapes.
My Mom use to get us to cut out x-mas pixs out of magazines and then glue to the box as decoration!
(11/30/2006)

By Gepe

uses for cereal boxes
Uses for Cereal Boxes and Packaging
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
frog hat
Making Paper Hats From Cereal Boxes
🎄