Reusing Cereal Liners in the Kitchen

Category Reusing
The wax bags that line a cereal box can be reused to keep food fresh, or even as mini trash bags. They make excellent freezer bags.

Recycle your cereal box (bags) inserts. They come in very handy. Use them as freezer bags, storage bags, mini trash bags, or any other purpose that you would use a freezer or storage bag for. They are heavy duty, easy to see through, and best of all, they are FREE! Try it, you will like it!

By MI Sandi from Shepherd, MI

Now that we won't be able to get plastic bags much, finding a good way to keep smelly stuff out of the trash will require some creativity. So now when I have bags from inside cereal, crackers, beans or barley, I keep them.

They are especially good for things like pepper seeds and stems, orange peels, avocado pits and peels, and onions. Just having them around in a small stash, makes it so my garbage doesn't smell up my kitchen all week. I then seal them with tape or rubber bands.

Here's hoping this helps! N-JOY!

Save your wax bags that your breakfast cereal comes in, they make great storage bags in the kitchen.

Even better, split one side and lie flat. You now have a nice waxed paper surface to lay your food on or to work with.

By carla from Huntington, WV

Answers:

Use Cereal Liners in the Kitchen

Great idea. I needed some on Christmas to lay out my fudge and had to use foil. (12/29/2009)

By eve

Use Cereal Liners in the Kitchen

I reuse cereal bags as vacuum food bags when freezing leftovers or the like. I trim the crinkled tops then use it in my food vacuum; reseals fine and I don't have to spend extra money for those expensive vacuum sealer bags. (02/09/2010)

By Penni

Use Cereal Liners in the Kitchen

I also like to put my soup mug inside the cereal bag in the microwave oven to prevent splatters when heating. (02/10/2010)

By Lorraine

To save money buying freezer bags, I use the cereal bags inside the box. They are really good and can be washed and reused again.

By helen from U.K

Answers:

Use Cereal Liners in the Kitchen

I also use them to store food in the fridge, like leftover onions, cut up salad, etc. Also for hubby's sandwich for work, leftover doughnuts. And for used baby wipes and poopy diapers. (11/12/2009)

By Ivette Farah

Save your cereal bags, they have lots of uses. I save the wax paper cereal bags that come in almost all boxed cereals for later use in the kitchen. I empty the crumbs out and save them in an empty cereal box.

The bags can be used in place of plastic wrap for re-heating food in the microwave, storing homemade bake goods, storing a toddler's leftovers in the refrigerator, etc. I also use the bags for cooking my corn on the cob in the microwave.

My family loves how the corn turns out and it's quick, easy and no clean up is required.

You probably would normally just throw these bags out but now you can use them first and then throw them out.

By Karen from Buffalo, NY

Answers:

Use Cereal Liners in the Kitchen

Thanks for the tips! It's perfect to store rolls of foil and saran wrap. All the boxes are taking over the top of my fridge! :) (03/23/2009)

By Lisa