Chai Tea Mix Recipes

Combine your own fresh herbs and spices to make chai tea. This guide contains chai tea mix recipes.

Chai Tea Mix Recipes
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Can I make a drink at home that tastes like (Tastefully Simple's Oh My:Chai) drink?

By kaky

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I love the Bigelow vanilla spice chai tea bags. I add two packets of Splenda and a couple of dollops of milk, and it is Yummy.

Read More Answers...

I am looking for a mystic chai tea mix recipe. I had a real close recipe to make this mix but I can't find it, it uses unsweetened tea, powdered milk, vanilla flavored coffee creamer, but I can't remember the quantities or other ingredients, anyone have this recipe?

Barb

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thanks for all the recipes. We experimented at my house and came up with a variation of Susan's recipe that we think is even closer to the original, and uses almost all of the non-chemical ingredients listed on the Mystic can: For the full recipe, increase the nonfat dry milk powder to double, substitute instant vanilla pudding mix for the vanilla creamer, decrease the cardamom by half, and add 1/4 tsp each anise seed and salt.

Read More Answers...

I am looking for a Chai tea recipe that doesn't call for as much sugar.

By Debbie from Buckley, WA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Use honey or palm sugar, if you don't like sweet tea.I make my own chai tea. I use a 2 tbs full cream powdered milk. 1/2 cup fresh full cream milk. 1/2 cup water. Five Roses tea bag. 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder. 1/2 tsp fennel powder. 1/2 tsp cardamom powder. Put all into a milk pot and bring to a boil and add your sweetener. You can use whole spices and grind and store in an airtight container and use whenever you want to.

Read More Answers...

How do you make Chai coffee or tea powder with powdered milk, coffee whitener and coffee. What quantities do you use?

Pam from Moss Vale

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

There are quite a few recipes for Chai tea here on ThrifyFun. Here is one from 2007.

Post By patty K. (Guest Post) (11/22/2007)

This recipe is from another line. We have used it since last winter when Sam's quit carrying the Mystic. It is wonderful and we make 3x the recipe each time. We drink it at least three times/day so it goes quickly. Only drawback is that there is some residue left in the bottom of the cup...but it's well worth the single problem. Thanks to Susan for the great recipe. NOTE: We use a Cuisinart to process the mix for 4 minutes...It helps make a finer powder.

RE: Mystic Chai Tea Mix Recipe

Post By Susan (Guest Post) (01/07/2005)

Instant Chai Tea Mix

1 cup nonfat dry milk powder

1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer

1 cup French vanilla flavored

powdered non-dairy creamer

2 1/2 cups white sugar

1 1/2 cups unsweetened instant tea

2 teaspoons ground ginger

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon ground cloves

1 teaspoon ground cardamom

Directions

1 In a large bowl, combine milk powder, non-dairy creamer, vanilla flavored creamer, sugar and instant tea. Stir in ginger, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom. In a blender or food processor, blend 1 cup at a time, until mixture is the consistency of fine powder.

2 To serve: Stir 2 heaping tablespoons Chai tea mixture into a mug of hot watern.

Here's one that I found:

I recently went to a "Tastefully Simple" home party and had the "Oh My Chai" tea. It was so delicious, but $9 per can which didn't even last me a week. I have tried other powdered chai tea in the grocery store, but none taste like it. I even tried Dunkin' Donuts. Does anyone have a recipe or know of a brand I can buy that's cheaper?

Kim from Howell, NJ

Answers:

"Oh My Chai" Powdered Tea Recipe

First, here is a recipe I have used many times, and absolutely love don't skip any steps, or ingredients:

Chai tea mix

• 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
  • 1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
  • 1 cup French vanilla flavored powdered non-dairy creamer
  • 2 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups unsweetened instant tea
  • 2 teaspoons ground ginger
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1 teaspoon ground cardamom

Dierctions:

In a large bowl, combine milk powder, non-dairy creamer, vanilla flavored creamer, sugar, and instant tea. Stir in ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom. In a blender or food processor, blend 1 cup at a time, until mixture is the consistency of fine powder.

To serve: Stir 2 heaping tablespoons Chai tea mixture into a mug of hot water.

(I buy my cardamom at a bulk foods store, as it is too pricey in the grocery store, but it is essential to this mix.)

That batch will last you a long time.

However, as you can see, the recipe has a lot of sugar. (They all do, unfortunately.)

Something I enjoy as an alternative, with "no" guilt, is the Celestial Seasons "India Spice" Chai Tea bags, with sugar free french vanilla non-dairy creamer powder. It really is a fair substitute, letting me save the more caloric (but yummy) chai mix for special occasions.
(01/07/2007)

By Jilson

"Oh My Chai" Powdered Tea Recipe

I love chai as well, and was discouraged by the price of the powders. But then I discovered Good Earth Vanilla Spice Chai teabags, they are great. I get the best results by putting the teabag in the "filter" part of my coffeepot and running thru about 2 cups of water. Presto! Chai! Then I add sweetener and cream to taste. Much cheaper than the powder. (01/08/2007)

By Cresanna

"Oh My Chai" Powdered Tea Recipe

I use Splenda instead of sugar. It costs a lot more, but I love to relax with my Chai tea. I also use low fat version of everything. (01/08/2007)

By Linda

"Oh My Chai" Powdered Tea Recipe

Natural Chai Tea Recipe

If you're like me and would rather not use fake creamers and artificial ingredients, this may be the chai for you, it's easy to make and I've been drinking it for years. I took the ingredient list from the back if the Chai mix they sell at my local Indian spice store and made their recipe to my liking. Everyone who has tried it just loves it.

* I get my spices in large bottles on sale at Walgreen's or the dollar store and make up the chai spice mix in bulk:

• 2 or 3 parts cinnamon
  • 1 part cloves
  • 1/2 part cardamom
  • 1/4 part ginger
  • 1/16 part black pepper

* (the pepper is for zest, this is what the Indian spice mix has in it) *optional

* Put all spices in a glass jar with lid, shake up and store in a dark cool place.

To Make Chai

1. In a mug add hot water and; 2 regular tea bags, but use half the hot water (to leave room for milk) in the mug.

2. Add about half a teaspoon or more (to taste) of the spice mix and stir.
    After 3 or 4 minutes remove the tea bags then:

3. Pour in milk to the top of mug (of course whole milk works best, but 2% is also okay)

4. I like my chai very hot, so I then heat mine up a bit in the microwave.

For cold chai: Fill up a glass with ice cubes and half milk, then add the hot tea with spices and stir. (It's best if you pour the hot chai mix through a strainer so you don't have spices at the bottom of your glass.)

(01/08/2007)

By Cyinda

"Oh My Chai" Powdered Tea Recipe

I also love the Oh My Chai, but find it way too expensive. I just tried Bigelow's Vanilla Chai tea bags, and I think they taste almost exactly like Oh My Chai, but you have to add your own sugar (a lot) and milk. It's not quite as creamy, but the taste is amazingly similar. (03/02/2009)

By mlgilbert

"Oh My Chai" Powdered Tea Recipe

Some call it Chai tea and others call it masala tea or spiced tea. I make my own; so I blend few cinnamon sticks, cardamom, cloves, ginger, fennel and star aniseed. I blend all together and store in an airtight glass bottle. To make the tea I use Five Roses Tea bag and a little boiling water in a small pot for the tea and a 1/2 teaspoon of spice to brew on the stove till its strong, pour a cup of full cream milk till it comes to a boil, then add a teaspoon of full cream milk powder I use Klim and 1 teaspoon of honey or sugar to your taste. (02/04/2010)

By Dorty

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am looking for any instant beverage jar mixes that taste like chai tea.

Susay from Juliette, GA

Answers:

Chai Tea Mix Recipe

Chai Tea Gift Mix

• 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
  • 1/2 cup French vanilla flavored coffee creamer (dry)
  • 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened instant tea (dry)
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

Mix all together and place in pretty airtight container and attach these instructions: For each serving, place 3 to 4 heaping teaspoons mix in a cup.
Fill with 8 ounces very hot water.
For creamier chai, use half milk and half water. (11/07/2006)

By PICO

Chai Tea Mix Recipe

The Chai Tea Mix by Cathy is very good. I made it for gift giving. (12/16/2006)

By Joann

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Recipes Beverages Warm DrinksDecember 18, 2012
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion
Chai Tea Latte
Chai Tea Latte Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 29, 2016 at 5:02:31 PM on 10.0.0.53 in 751 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.