ChapStick Stains on Clothing

A ChapStick went through the washer and dryer and made oil marks on spandex material clothes. How do I remove this? Do I send the clothes through the washer and dryer several times?

By kfoster1 from Cleveland, OH

Answers:

Chapstick Stains on Clothing

I'd try Goo Gone. I used it to remove vegetable oil mixed with oil paint (don't ask) off shirts that had been washed and dried multiple times. (05/29/2006)

Chapstick Stains on Clothing

Multiple times has this happened to me. Even baby food like carrots or darker baby food. The answer really is:
"The Stain Stick" it helps a lot. (07/04/2008)

By _ali_49

Chapstick Stains on Clothing

Butane or lighter fluid that you use in lighters did the trick for me. Basically I took the butane and spot treated each article of clothing using two paper towels, one on each side of the garment, to absorb the excess fluid. I then threw it in the wash right away. You can purchase a bottle of butane at any major grocery store. d (10/22/2008)

By Dave

Chapstick Stains on Clothing

I scrubbed the stains with Dawn liquid soap and then with a stain stick, washed soon after and it worked. It came out of denim, cotton, and white scrub tops. (01/09/2009)

By Vicki from St Louis

Chapstick Stains on Clothing

I had the same thing happen to me too many times to count. Something I have found to work is Pine-Sol, like you clean with. I had tried everything one day and read the label on the Pine-sol and believe it or not it's for laundry as well. I poured full strength on the stain and let it sit an hour or so and it took it right out. (02/11/2009)

By Holly M.

ChapStick Stains on Clothing

I'd use WD-40 first, applying gently and rubbing with old toothbrush, then applying 20 Mule team Borax to the spot overnight, next day washing in warm water only after brushing the dried borax off. I believe you will have the best luck with this method. God bless and help you. (01/16/2010)

By lyndagayle62

Old fashioned Laundry Bar Soap (I used SUNLIGHT) Rub on affected area I used a nail brush to get the soap into the fabric after I soaked in extremely hot water. Rinse and "voila". ( I forgot to remove a Burts Bees colored chapstick from the pocket of a white shirt.) Now my white shirt is completely white again no pink waxy spots

A young man putting on chapstick.
Cleaning ChapStick Stains on Clothing
sweat stain on dark clothing
Removing Underarm Sweat Stains from Clothing
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
Baby being fed with formula.
Removing Baby Formula Stains from Clothing
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
🎄
🍂