ChapStick Stains on Clothing

A ChapStick went through the washer and dryer and made oil marks on spandex material clothes. How do I remove this? Do I send the clothes through the washer and dryer several times?

By kfoster1 from Cleveland, OH

Answers:

Chapstick Stains on Clothing

I'd try Goo Gone. I used it to remove vegetable oil mixed with oil paint (don't ask) off shirts that had been washed and dried multiple times. (05/29/2006)

Chapstick Stains on Clothing

Multiple times has this happened to me. Even baby food like carrots or darker baby food. The answer really is:
"The Stain Stick" it helps a lot. (07/04/2008)

By _ali_49

Chapstick Stains on Clothing

Butane or lighter fluid that you use in lighters did the trick for me. Basically I took the butane and spot treated each article of clothing using two paper towels, one on each side of the garment, to absorb the excess fluid. I then threw it in the wash right away. You can purchase a bottle of butane at any major grocery store. d (10/22/2008)

By Dave

Chapstick Stains on Clothing

I scrubbed the stains with Dawn liquid soap and then with a stain stick, washed soon after and it worked. It came out of denim, cotton, and white scrub tops. (01/09/2009)

By Vicki from St Louis

Chapstick Stains on Clothing

I had the same thing happen to me too many times to count. Something I have found to work is Pine-Sol, like you clean with. I had tried everything one day and read the label on the Pine-sol and believe it or not it's for laundry as well. I poured full strength on the stain and let it sit an hour or so and it took it right out. (02/11/2009)

By Holly M.

ChapStick Stains on Clothing

I'd use WD-40 first, applying gently and rubbing with old toothbrush, then applying 20 Mule team Borax to the spot overnight, next day washing in warm water only after brushing the dried borax off. I believe you will have the best luck with this method. God bless and help you. (01/16/2010)

By lyndagayle62

Old fashioned Laundry Bar Soap (I used SUNLIGHT) Rub on affected area I used a nail brush to get the soap into the fabric after I soaked in extremely hot water. Rinse and "voila". ( I forgot to remove a Burts Bees colored chapstick from the pocket of a white shirt.) Now my white shirt is completely white again no pink waxy spots