Crochet Keychain ChapStick Holder
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 293 Posts
February 20, 2015
Winter is the season for dry, chapped lips. Why is it though, you can never seem to find your ChapStick, especially when out and about. I decided to make a little "cozy" for mine. It has a loop that easily slides onto your key ring. Now I will never have dry lips when out of the house! You can make this in black, brown, or gray for the man in your life as well.
Total Time: About 15 minutes
Source: This is not a new idea, just my version of it.
- tiny amounts worsted weight yarn.
- size H crochet hook
- embroidery needle for weaving in ends
- stick-on plastic gems, optional
- **NOTE**This is meant to be crocheted tightly. This is what will keep your "cozy" snug on your ChapStick.
- Ch 5, join with a slip stitch in your first ch to make a ring.
- Ch 1, 8 sc in ring.
- Join with a slip stitch to your first sc.
- Ch 1, sc in the back loop only of each stitch around. Join with a slip stitch to your first sc.
- **Take this opportunity to weave in your starting end. If you wait, you will not be able to reach it since this is a very narrow tube.
- Now you will be crocheting in both loops. Ch 1, sc in each stitch around, join with a slip stitch to the first sc.
- Repeat the last row 8 more times.
- Ch 10, join with a slip stitch on the other side of your rim to make a loop.
- Weave in your ends.
- It looks fine plain.
- Even cuter with a few flat back plastic gems hot glued on.
- You're ready to go.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.