Making a Crocheted Chair Seat Cover

Category Ideas
Make a simple or elaborate crochet chair cover to coordinate with your decor. This is a guide about making a crocheted chair seat cover.

This is a stool seat cover I made using leftovers from my rag rugs.

Approximate Time: 1/2 hour

Instructions:

I also made chair seat covers for all my kitchen chairs. I used new fabric though. This is made out of old rags I got at an auction.

Measure the stool seat to see how big it needs to be.

Chain 4. Join with a slip stitch forming a circle. Crochet 12 double crochets in the circle. Join with a sl st, ch 3 and turn. 12 dc.

Crochet 2 dc in each st around. Join with a sl st, ch 3 and turn. 24 dc.

Crochet 2 dc in first st, 1 dc in next st, 2 dc in next st, 1 in next st, 2 in next st.

around. Join with a sl st, ch 3 and turn.

Crochet 2 dc in first st, 1 dc in next 2 st, 2 dc in next and 1 dc in next 2 st continue around. Join with a sl st, ch 3 and turn.

Crochet 2 dc in first st, 1 dc in next 3 st, 2 dc in next and 1 dc in next 3 st continue around. Join with a sl st, ch 3 and turn.

Crochet 2 dc in first st, 1 dc in next 4 st, 2 dc in next and 1 dc in next 4 st continue around. Join with a slip st, ch 3 and turn.

Follow in this pattern (increasing at regular intervals) until it is the correct size. Fasten off and tuck in ends.

By Little Suzy from OH

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes