Uses for Chapstick

In addition to moisturizing your lips, Chapstick can be put to other uses. This is a guide about uses for Chapstick.

Most of the time, you would carry around ChapStick in your purse, pocket, etc, for your lips. But it is also good to have for other purposes.

• In case you get a paper-cut or or a minor skin wound.

• Use it as a sunscreen.

• You can use it to make a fire last longer, or to make a candle. You can make a candle by sticking the base of a match into the tube, and then lighting the tip.

• You can waterproof shoes by rubbing it onto them.

• You can use it as a lubricant on zippers or an oil to keep knifes from rusting.

• Keep glasses from fogging up. Rub ChapStick onto the glasses then wipe it off, it should be clear, and unable to fog.

• When your tube is empty don't throw it away. Use it as a storage department, clean it out, and store money in it. But I strongly suggest if you have a tendency to lose ChapStick containers do not put money into it.

Hopefully one of these uses will come handy for you!

I'm a pretty avid crafter and always seem to have my hands in things that are not good for them. Lately I've been applying ChapStick to my cuticles a couple times a week before going to sleep, and it's worked miracles on the condition of my hands. No more hangnails or cracked cuticles. If only the stuff worked as well on chapped lips.

By Lisa from Tampa, FL