Chow Chow Mix Photos

These wonderful mixed bred dogs can be a great companions. This page contains chow chow mix photos.

February 20, 2011 Flag

Gentle Benjamin Louis Stephens was 18 years old. He was a Chow and Golden Retriever. I got Gentle Ben from a shelter in Pennsylvania; he was a 4 week old beaten puppy and his name was B.D for Battered Dog which we, of course, changed.

Benny was a amazing boy, my best friend he will always be. I wanted to share with everyone what a great boy he was and is. Ben was born in '95 and has been through all my ups and downs life has given me. I have given a lot to him, but he in return has given me so much more. I had to put him to sleep on February 4, 2011 (the day before my birthday). He was old and in pain and his quality of life was getting bad. As much as it hurt I had to let him go for I am not a selfish person.

I stayed the whole time with him while his journey ended. I laid him on the floor on the blankets and sat and petted him while he got a shot to put him to sleep. I could not bear him going through this alone as I did not want the last person in his life for him to see was a doctor. He went to sleep and I closed his eyes for him as my eyes were full of tears and running down my face. It is a very sad thing to go through when you lose a loved one.

So, I just wanted to share with you the memory of Gentle Ben a wonderful boy. RIP Gentle Benjamin Louis Stephens you will be missed dearly. I love you always and forever. Mommy.

By Sandra

Gentle Benjamin (Chow - Retriever Mix)

Very Sweet...how thankful we are for those amazing animals that bring so much joy that we can remember in fondness what they brought to our lives which we deem greater than the pain of no longer having days with them.

I am so sorry for your loss I don't know what it feels like to loose a loved one like that, But I don't know what I would do if I lost my beloved little cat Mishka, I hope that you will only remember the good times with him, and Know That he is over The Rainbow Bridge looking out for you, Happily running in huge fields with lots of treats and Friends, xx

December 15, 2009 Flag

Big Bear is 4 years old. Bear is a mixed breed of chow chow and black lab. Bear adopted us 3 years ago. He was allowed to run loose, and became our porch watcher. When his family moved, we invited him to join our family.

Big Bear (Chow Lab Mix)

March 29, 2009 Flag

Sara is a one and a half year old dog. I'm not sure what breed she is. She looks like a chow and...? I got Sara while stopping at a yard sale in a somewhat bad area, when I got out of the car, I heard a puppy crying.

Sara (Chow Mix?)

April 13, 2011 Flag

My Chow/Golden Retriever mix is 9 months old. Cinnamon was found at a shelter by a family friend after coming from an abusive home. Our friend became no longer able to take care of her.

Cinnamon (Chow-Golden Mix)

August 31, 2010 Flag

Kiam is about 9 weeks old. She is a Chow chow Terrier mix. :) I got her Aug. 13, 2010. She likes to bite everyone's foot or hand. She's very playful and intelligent. She loves to eat a lot.

Kiam (Chow Chow Terrier Mix)

February 23, 2010 Flag

Dozer is 11 years young. Dozer is a Chow-Shepard. I got him from a Shelter Adoption. He likes to grab a toy of his choice, sneek up behind me and nudges his head between my knees while I am standing, like peek-a-boo Mom, I want you to play with me with this toy.

Dozer (Chow-Shepard)

March 29, 2010 Flag

She loved to go for rides with her head out the window, and she very much loved chasing squirrels. I had her since she was a pup. I have never had a best friend like I had with Harley, we did everything together.

Harley (Golden/Collie/Chow Mix)

May 20, 2008 Flag

Tucker Lee is 2 years old. He is a Golden Retriever, Collie and Chow mix. I adopted him from Partners for Paws.

Tucker Lee

November 16, 2010 Flag

Maggie Mae is one of ThriftyFun's Mascots. Although the TF's mascot family is growing, she was one of the first! Maggie is about 8 years old and a Chow Chow mix. My mom got her through the Northwest Chow Rescue in 2004.

Photo of Maggie close up.

September 10, 2008 Flag

This is Winston Ogden Churchill. He is 7 years old and is a Chow/Retriever Mix. I found him when he was about 3 months old at the Humane Society. The moment I saw him "behind bars" my heart just broke into a thousand pieces. I knew he was meant to be part of our family.

Winston (Chow/Retriever Mix)

February 2, 2005 Flag

Here are some of the ThriftyFun Office Assistants. Billie Holiday is a long haired black diva that thinks everything in the house belongs to her. Maggie is a Chow mix that was rescued from an Animal Shelter in Oregon.

Maggie (Chow Mix)

August 20, 2012 Flag

Boo is our 5 year old Chow/Lab mix. This dog wandered in my yard about 6 months after our 14 year old dog passed away. We posted flyers trying to find the owner, and tried to give him away after no one claimed him.

Closeup of Boo looking up at the camera.

March 1, 2009 Flag

Bruno is 9 years old and Loosey is 10 months old. Bruno is a Rottie/Chow mix, and Loosey is a Great Pyrenees/Burmese Mountain Dog mix. Both were rescues. They like the beach and riding in the golf cart. We love them the most!

Bruno (Rotti/Chow Mix) and Loosey (Burmese Mtn. Mix)

January 24, 2007 Flag

Max (Lab, Rock and Chow Mix). Max is 4 years old and is a Lab, Rock and Chow mix. He was my daughter's pet for 3 years. She moved and couldn't take him with her so I guess I adopted him.

Max and young boy

December 16, 2005 Flag

Chakita is 10 weeks old and is an Akita/Chow mix. I got her for my birthday. She likes to play ball and do tricks for cookies. She is very smart.

Chakita (Akita/Chow Mix)

June 30, 2010 Flag

Lacey is a 9 year old Rottie/Chow mix. I got her for Christmas from my son. She likes to go to the beach and chase the fishes. She loves to dig holes and lay in them to get cool.

Lacey (Rottie/Chow Mix)

November 16, 2010 Flag

This is ThriftyFun's Maggie (Chow Mix) with her favorite toy, "Old Navy" bones. She doesn't really like any other toys but loves these, especially when they are new. She will chase them and chew on them. We buy them (they change styles for every holiday) as they go on clearance so usually only cost about $1-2 each.

Maggie is a rescue dog found on Petfinder through the Northwest Chow Rescue two years ago. She is a wonderful dog although we didn't know anything about her past. She had been tied to an animal shelter in Oregon. They found her in the morning when they came to work.

ThriftyFun's Maggie

By Susan from ThriftyFun

Answers:

Maggie and Her Old Navy Bones

Maggie is so cute!
(08/04/2006)

By dsbaby14

Maggie and Her Old Navy Bones

What a beauty!! It is so good that you took in this wonderful dog, all of us who have a soft place in our hearts for dogs and cats can make such a difference for a animal that would be put to death without us.
Thanks for letting us see your "baby". Lee (08/04/2006)

By jwrh626

Maggie and Her Old Navy Bones

She's a pretty girl, and lucky to boot! But, so are you to have found her. Give her a big hug and kiss for me. (08/05/2006)

By tedsmom

Maggie and Her Old Navy Bones

Susan, Maggie is precious! She sure must be loving life now. All of my babies have been from rescue and I have no idea their backgrounds either, just another reason to really spoil them! Bless your heart for opening your home to a "toss-away."

(08/05/2006)

By Jennifer,
Northern Virginia

Maggie and Her Old Navy Bones

Great that Maggie has such a happy home with a family to love her and spoil her. Cute pic. (08/05/2006)

By meoowmom

Maggie and Her Old Navy Bones

Must be the "chow" in her! My chow/Burmese Mountain mix rescue dog would ONLY play with his Old Navy toy shaped like a kitty! LOL He has since learned to enjoy his rope and a good chew bone, but looks for "Kitty" at bed time!

Maggie is a beauty!

slw (08/07/2006)

By slw1299

Maggie and Her Old Navy Bones

She is a sweetie, my Charlie was adopted through an Alaska Friends Of Pets foster home, and he has been our boys' "guard" dog for five years. God sure blessed you with a good girl! Many more happy healthy years! (08/08/2006)

By camo_angels

Maggie and Her Old Navy Bones

We have a chow/lab mix adopted from a shelter. Toby had been through 3 homes when we got him. Don't know why he was given up so many times; he is a sweet boy, all black with the typical chow blue tongue. Wish more people would rescue dogs. (08/10/2006)

By Marfette

Maggie and Her Old Navy Bones

Maggie and I have been enjoying all of your comments. Everyone I've known with a Chow mix has been very happy with them. Her tongue is both pink and black and she has the bushy stand over the back tail.
Thanks everyone for your appreciation of the Magster.
(08/10/2006)

By Susan from ThriftyFun

September 23, 2006 Flag

This is my 2 and half month old PAPAYA. Please somebody tell me what kind of dog he is.

Thank you!
Kina from Tuggerah

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Pets Pet PagesMay 9, 2013
"Puppy Love" Puppy Chow
Puppy Chow Snack Recipes
Chicken Chow Mein
Chicken Chow Mein Casserole Recipes
Muffin (Golden Retriever - Chow Mix)
Golden Retriever/Chow Mix Photos
Honey the Dog at the Top of a Large Hill
Chow Chow Breed Information and Photos
🎉
🎄