Cigarette Burn on Carpet

How to remove multiple cigarette burn marks from carpet?

Kendra from Revere, MA

Answers:

Cigarette Burn on Carpet

Cut or sand away the burned ends of the carpet fibers. Cut fibers will simply blend in if they're only slightly shorter than the surrounding carpet. Cut some carpet fibers from an inconspicuous portion of carpet elsewhere in the room, or from a matching carpet remnant and attach them to the cut fibers using household glue, if the remaining fibers are noticeably shorter than the surrounding carpet.

Good luck! (10/03/2005)

By Gail M

Cigarette Burn on Carpet

I had the same problem, so I took the scissors and cut the burned place down to the carpet backing, being very careful to not cut away any good carpet. Go to a corner and cut a strand or two from one place and go to another place and do the same. That way it won't be noticeable, do this until you have enough to fill up the hole. Use fabric glue and let it dry for awhile before vacuuming. It works perfectly. Mine has been in place for about 5 years and even stayed after 2 shampooings. (10/04/2005)

By Louise

Cigarette Carpet Burns

I just cut 'em out with scissors. Then rough 'em up with an old hair brush or something. Works for me. (04/18/2008)

By Lily 59

Cigarette Carpet Burns

Take a panty hose and put it over the wand and sweep the carpet. With the leftover fuzz you can take it from the stocking and then put glue in the hole and then add the fuzz. Hope this helps, it takes a good day of drying.
(04/18/2008)

By Sally M

Cigarette Burn on Carpet

I was freaking out because I just moved into a new place. It's a rental and found a cigarette burn in the carpet. I just took a regular nail file (emery board) and 'filed' it out. No one could ever tell now. It works like a charm and it didn't pull the carpet out. (02/05/2009)

By Jacqueline