Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
candle

Removing candle wax from upholstery can be difficult, not only is there the actual wax residue, but there can also be an oily stain and sometimes dye. This is a guide about cleaning candle wax from upholstery.

Here are questions related to Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery.

Question: Removing Candle Wax from a Couch

How do you get candle wax off a couch?

By Rex from Lovington, NM

Most Recent Answer

By joanfry [23]08/29/2011

I use a warm iron and absorbent paper. Brown wrapping paper is best, paper towels ok. Cover the wax with paper and keep ironing over the spot until it has all been absorbed into paper. Keep moving paper. You will see the paper become damp.
Problem is when the candle was a strong color like red, but this system can work for this too if not set too solid.
This system works on every surface. Believe me after my family leaves at Xmas I spend quite awhile going around with an iron - thinking uncharitable thoughts.

Question: Removing Dried Wax From Couch

How do I remove dried on candle wax from a couch that is washable with soap and water?

By MaryJane from Beacon, NY

Best Answers

02/23/2011

I too have used the paperbag approach and even on carpet and clothing. It works great! If you use paper towels use at least a three layer so the fabric doesn't melt from the heat if it's synthetic. Always make sure to use a gentle touch no matter what the fabric and make sure the paper of choice is large enough so the iron will not accidently touch the non-paper protected portion of the fabric while moving the iron back and forth. One other thing. One time I used a grocery store brand bag and the ink from the store name transfered to the fabric so, just to be on the safe side, cut away print portions of the bag. ;-)

Best Answers

By susan [33]02/23/2011

Fire and ice! First take ice cubes to the wax and remove as much as you can this way. If you can take an iron to the fabric, you can iron it using paper towel or paper bags to absorb the wax. Keep doing this until all the paper comes up clean.

Question: Honey Wax Stain on a Car's Seat

I spilled honey wax on my car seat. Does anyone know how I can get it out?

Kriss24 from Virginia Beach, VA

Most Recent Answer

By (Guest Post)05/22/2006

Not sure what "honey wax" is, but when I left a candle on my car seat, it melted due to the heat from the sun. I used paper bags and an iron. Put the paper bag over the wax and with the iron on a setting just high enough to heat the wax, run the iron over the paper. the wax will soften and be absorbed into the paper. It may take a while, but it definitely works!

Solutions: Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!