Removing Wax from Votive Candle Holders

Removing wax from candle holders can be done in a number of ways. This is a page about removing wax from votive candle holders.

To remove candle wax from container after it has burned, place in the freezer. The wax will harden and makes removal much easier.

By Alice from PA

I have found the ABSOLUTELY best and fastest way to remove wax from votive candle holders. Just pop the votive in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes and the remaining wax pops right out! This is much easier than many of the other ways I have found.

By Carol from Lancaster, PA

Answers:

Remove Wax from Votive Candle Holders

Wow! She's right! Put the votive in the freezer and that wax just pops right out after about an hour! No mess! Thank you! (11/08/2006)

By Michigan Mom

Remove Wax from Votive Candle Holders

I find that either popping it in the oven for a little while at less than 200 or just sitting it on my candle warmer melts everything..

I can pour it out and wipe clean in a jiffy with paper towel.

Wax to me, is like gold and I use every bit of it. If it's the end of a candle I want to strain out all the wick and black bits with a piece of panty hose.

I keep a special tin soup can for my candle warmer just to use for that. (07/09/2007)

By Shera

Remove Wax from Votive Candle Holders

Oh and I meant to say that if you're reusing the wax, popping it in the freezer may possibly add moisture, especially if it has additives in it.

Don't let anyone tell you that popping a wicked candle into a freezer helps it burn longer. It doesn't, and it definitely adds moisture to the wick. (07/09/2007)

By Shera

Put the candle holder in the freezer overnight. In the morning gently tap it upside down and the wax will fall out.

Ellen

Feedback:
Remove Wax from Votive Candle Holders 06/10/2004
I found it easy to let your votive candles soak in HOT water for at least 15 minutes. Then you can just pull the unwanted candle out. It always seems to work for me.
By Channon
Remove Wax from Votive Candle Holders 01/13/2006
I've found it also easy to pour some finger nail polish in the candle let it sit for about 15-20 mins. The remaining votive candle will fall out
By Anna

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceNovember 17, 2016
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-23 21:06:56 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️