Using Votive Candles

Working nine years for a premium price point lamp manufacturer at the International Home Furnishings Market in High Point was an awesome learning experience. One tip I discovered, although simple, has served me well since I love to burn candles when we entertain.

With over a thousand lamps, candle holders, and decorative accessories to keep in pristine condition throughout the whole market, attention to detail had to be constant and efficient. Each morning when I replaced candles in votive cups in many of their products, I carried a watering pot along with new votive candles. By pouring about one-fourth inch of water in the votive holder before adding the candle, I could easily remove the used candle and any wax that had accumulated before replacing it the next day.

By Sandy Bass from Elon, NC

3 More Solutions

I often buy the little fragrant votive candles while on sale and keep plenty on hand. They just smell so good. I put one in the corner of drawers or boxes that hold clothes or storage items, in the "junk drawer" and file cabinet, etc.

I used to put the glass votive candle holders in the freezer to 'pop' out the old candle wax and that works, but I have found a much easier way.

I had a small votive I wanted to redo with a candle of my own. It had melted in the back seat of my car on the way home. Knowing that candles freeze and then last longer, I thought "what do I have to lose"?

Glass Votive Holder next to a votive candle that melted into an odd shape

Home and Garden Home Improvement DecoratingFebruary 26, 2015
😷
🌻
🎃
🎂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-Votive-Candles.html