Removing Old Candle Wax from a Glass Votive

I used to put the glass votive candle holders in the freezer to 'pop' out the old candle wax and that works, but I have found a much easier way.

I run about 1 teaspoon of water into the glass votive holder from the faucet, then put it in the microwave for 1 minute. Microwaves vary, so run it long enough to completely melt the old wax. Be careful, it gets very hot!

When it's just cool enough to handle, I simply take a paper towel and wipe it out dry. You're done. You don't even have to wash it because it comes out so clean. Obviously you cannot put a metal votive in the microwave, so the freezer is still a good idea for those.

By Patty from East Peoria, IL

Before I use my votives, I put enough water in the cup just to cover the bottom. I then put my candle in. After it has burned, I just turn the candle over and it falls out.

One must be careful using the microwave for melting left over votive candle wax. Most wicks have a metal holding plate at the bottom of the candle, which obviously will spark and burn if put into the microwave.

Best to pry that out and use microwave only to remove any wax remaining after the metal is removed.

In These Pages
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating AccessoriesSeptember 20, 2011
😎
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf71499548.tip.html