How to Make a Recycled Photophore

Category Reusing
Solid gel air fresheners usually have a nice floral or geometrical pattern under the plastic film. Once it has dried out, you can add a LED votive candle to make a small light. This is a guide about how to make a recycled photophore.

Solid gel air fresheners usually have a quite nice floral or geometrical pattern under the plastic film you have to pull off. Once it has dried out, instead of throwing it away, open it (you just have to slide anything flat around the top cover), take off the dry gel, and put a LED votive candle inside. Et voilà! A nice little photophore that can even safely go outside.

• 1 boat shape solid gel air freshener
  • 1 led votive candle

Top Comment

Hello Melissa!
When this type of air fresheners is displayed in the shops you can't see the pattern because the plastic film is hiding it. I must admit that it's only after buying one and pulling off the plastic film that I thought of turning it into a photophore. I buy them at a very cheap price in the Asian shops. I hope this will help you find some.

Catherine

I've never seen air fresheners like this, but this is beautiful!

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!