Add Water To Votive Candle Holders

contest winner icon

Working nine years for a premium price point lamp manufacturer at the International Home Furnishings Market in High Point was an awesome learning experience. One tip I discovered, although simple, has served me well since I love to burn candles when we entertain.

With over a thousand lamps, candle holders, and decorative accessories to keep in pristine condition throughout the whole market, attention to detail had to be constant and efficient. Each morning when I replaced candles in votive cups in many of their products, I carried a watering pot along with new votive candles. By pouring about one-fourth inch of water in the votive holder before adding the candle, I could easily remove the used candle and any wax that had accumulated before replacing it the next day.

By Sandy Bass from Elon, NC

Thanks for the great tip - I'm definitely going to try it because I love to burn candles, too.

This is a great tip! I started doing this last year and it really works. I am not sure how I figured it out, but I did this one on my own.

I love candles and all winter burn many and always hated trying to get the old stuff out. This takes care of it!

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating AccessoriesAugust 9, 2011
🐛
🌻
📓