Cleaning Chrome

Whether on a fixture, appliance, bike or auto this metal always looks best when its sparkling clean. This guide is about cleaning chrome.

Chrome Faucet
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

How can I preserve and clean up chrome?

By Isewlate from Wilkes-Barre, PA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Squirt five or six drops of dish washing detergent into a bucket. Fill the bucket with a half-gallon of water. Swish the detergent around to make a sudsy solution.

Dip a soft cloth into the bucket, wring it out, and wash the chrome. This will remove loose dirt and grime than can scratch the metal when you polish it. Rinse the cloth as it becomes soiled. Good luck.

Best Answer

Borax, borax, borax. I can't say it enough. I use this for prepping my car for shows, its natural eco friendly, a natural mold killer. It is not abrasive mix with water if it is needed for fine detail. Works on the rims of my Miata to the side chrome on my 57 Chevy. I use it to clean laundry and rid the convertible of mold issues. Its cheap too and can be found in the laundry section almost everywhere.

Read More Answers...

What do I use to get water stains (not lime build-up) off tub faucets and shower head?

By Joyce from Beloit, WI

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

My mom always used rubbing alchohol.

Read More Answers...

When cleaning the chrome rings around your burners the easiest way I have found is to put them in a shallow pan with 4 tablespoons of powdered DISHWASHER soap in it. Barely cover in the water and let them sit overnight. By morning, they should wash easily.

Hugs Da Nanna

By Laurie from Idaho

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

To remove water spots on chrome, use car paste wax. Works great!

By Patricia

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning MetalApril 7, 2013
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Polished Chrome on Classic Car
Polishing Chrome
Rust on Chrome
Removing Rust from Chrome
Closeup of Chrome
Painting Over Chrome
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 1, 2016 at 3:06:24 AM on 10.0.0.73 in 490 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.