Cleaning Chrome

Category Metal
Whether on a fixture, appliance, bike or auto this metal always looks best when its sparkling clean. This guide is about cleaning chrome.

Cleaning Chrome Faucet

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

Chrome fixtures can easily become spotted or show finger prints. This is a guide about cleaning chrome fixtures.

When cleaning the chrome rings around your burners the easiest way I have found is to put them in a shallow pan with 4 tablespoons of powdered DISHWASHER soap in it. Barely cover in the water and let them sit overnight. By morning, they should wash easily.

Hugs Da Nanna

By Laurie from Idaho

I always spray mine with oven cleaner and let them set overnite then I take an sos pad and wipe them clean and rinse with hot water, works very well, all the mess and burnt are gone and they look like new.

To remove water spots on chrome, use car paste wax. Works great!

By Patricia

How can I preserve and clean up chrome?

By Isewlate from Wilkes-Barre, PA

Best Answer

Squirt five or six drops of dish washing detergent into a bucket. Fill the bucket with a half-gallon of water. Swish the detergent around to make a sudsy solution.

Dip a soft cloth into the bucket, wring it out, and wash the chrome. This will remove loose dirt and grime than can scratch the metal when you polish it. Rinse the cloth as it becomes soiled. Good luck.

Best Answer

Borax, borax, borax. I can't say it enough. I use this for prepping my car for shows, its natural eco friendly, a natural mold killer. It is not abrasive mix with water if it is needed for fine detail. Works on the rims of my Miata to the side chrome on my 57 Chevy. I use it to clean laundry and rid the convertible of mold issues. Its cheap too and can be found in the laundry section almost everywhere.

One thought is to go to an auto parts store and look over their offering of car care products. They usually have chrome cleaners.

Anonymous

I am not sure if you're talking about chrome for household fixtures or a car but either way all you have to do is keep them clean and/or wiped down with a rag.