Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Cleaning Chrome

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Chrome Faucet

Whether on a fixture, appliance, bike or auto this metal always looks best when its sparkling clean. This guide is about cleaning chrome.

Solutions: Cleaning Chrome

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Cleaning Burner Chrome Rings

When cleaning the chrome rings around your burners the easiest way I have found is to put them in a shallow pan with 4 tablespoons of powdered DISHWASHER soap in it. Barely cover in the water and let them sit overnight. By morning, they should wash easily.

Hugs Da Nanna

By Laurie from Idaho

Tip: Removing Water Spots on Chrome

To remove water spots on chrome, use car paste wax. Works great!

By Patricia

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Cleaning Chrome.

Question: Keeping Chrome Clean

How can I preserve and clean up chrome?

By Isewlate from Wilkes-Barre, PA

Best Answers

By mx5 girl03/20/2010

Borax, borax, borax. I can't say it enough. I use this for prepping my car for shows, its natural eco friendly, a natural mold killer. It is not abrasive mix with water if it is needed for fine detail. Works on the rims of my Miata to the side chrome on my 57 Chevy. I use it to clean laundry and rid the convertible of mold issues. Its cheap too and can be found in the laundry section almost everywhere.

Best Answers

By kathleen williams [23]03/18/2010

Squirt five or six drops of dish washing detergent into a bucket. Fill the bucket with a half-gallon of water. Swish the detergent around to make a sudsy solution.

Dip a soft cloth into the bucket, wring it out, and wash the chrome. This will remove loose dirt and grime than can scratch the metal when you polish it. Rinse the cloth as it becomes soiled. Good luck.

Question: Cleaning Chrome Fixtures

What do I use to get water stains (not lime build-up) off tub faucets and shower head?

By Joyce from Beloit, WI

Best Answer

By Jill [4]02/18/2010

My mom always used rubbing alchohol.