Cleaning Deep Fryer Baskets

Category Dishes
Cleaning the baskets of a deep fryer can be challenging. This guide is full of tips on how to clean deep fryer baskets.

How do I clean my deep fryer? The baskets have stuck on grease and I have scrubbed it with Brillo pads, but it still doesn't get clean.

By Charmaine from Hampton, VA

Best Answer

Engine cleaner. From a parts store. Follow directions on can. Either outside in your yard, or at a do-it yourself car wash.

Best Answer

Do you have a dishwasher? Try washing it off with hot water first to get most of the gunk off and then try washing it in the dishwasher. Unless it's really gunky then try the easy off suggestion and then try dishwasher. We run a concession stand and often have things like grates that are covered in grease. I wash them off to get most of the grease off and then put them through the dishwasher. Usually gets them pretty clean. :)

If the basket is stainless steel, take it outside and spray it with easy off. Let it soak about an hour and spray it off with the hose. You cannot do this with aluminum.