Cleaning Dirt and Tree Sap Off Work Clothes

How can I get dirt off my work clothes? I'm a tree climber and I get dirty. It doesn't look too good to have dirt and sap on my clothes for work; it looks unclean.

You can get fresh sap and dirt off your clothes but if they have been dried it may not be possible to remove all of it.

Try not to dry any clothes that still have excessive dirt and never if they have sap on them. Treat the sap and use a good laundry detergent (Tide is good) for the dirt.

Suggestions: many sites say to try and freeze the sap so it gets hard and can be scraped off but that is kinda difficult to do with everyday work clothes.

Many "experts" say to use hand sanitizer to remove pine pitch/pine tar from almost anything and you can always have a container with you to treat it over lunch time (haha). Seriously, it does work but if these are dark clothes you should test a seam to see if it removes any color. Just put the hand sanitizer liquid on the spot and rub or brush with a small brush.

Another recommendation: use citrus-based goo remover, such as the type used to remove sticker residue, (Goo-Gone), but this I have not tried. This is sometimes difficult to wash out but if you are using hot water then it should not be a problem.

Others suggest rubbing alcohol: just blot it on and wipe sap off with a cloth.

Tide has a good link for this:

https://tide.co  /tree-sap-stains

Here are a couple of more sites and each one has some good suggestions so check one out.

https://www.the  holstery-2147118

http://homeguid  abric-92567.html

When I was living in the bush and when I was logging I tried using gloves at all times. I really tried.

The routine procedure for getting sap off hands was to spray some OFF mosquito dope onto the hands and wiping them on the jeans. That was fast and always worked like magic. OFF diluted sap always came off the jeans in the wash. I usually used Tide.

When I had a really bad sap or grease spot and had to remove it before jumping into the truck, I used waterless hand cleaner and paper towel or a rag.

That also worked well for removing sap or grease from truck seats.

Waterless hand cleaner usually comes in (for loggers) awkward 4" diameter and 2 1/2" high tins, but it was easy enough to bum empty Skoal chewing tobacco tins from people who chewed, and put a handful of cleaner into them. They are sturdy and last in a back pocket for a couple of years and countless refills.

Have FUN!

DearWebby

Lestoil is a detergent made for work clothing.

Hand sanitizer can help remove the tree sap.

There are lots of suggestions on this thread:

http://www.thri  f860271.tip.html

Many even suggested WD-40 and regular wash after!

Goo Gone and OxiClean are my two go-to's for these issues!