Cleaning Dry Erase Boards

To clean dry erase boards, I usually use a paper towel with a little Windex. If that doesn't work, I use a little bit of nail polish remover then wipe it down one more time with Windex. It does the trick!

Laura Lange

Cleaning Dry Erase Boards

WD-40 is great for cleaning permanent marker from dry erase boards.

By Lisa T. (10/17/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Cleaning Dry Erase Boards

You should avoid using Window cleaners on DRY ERASE surfaces. They will damage the finish, and shorten the board's life span. Many window cleaners have ammonia which is harmful to plexi glass, acrylic, and surfaces with plastic finishes. (11/13/2004)

By Jason

Cleaning Dry Erase Boards

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser will clean your dry erase board. (03/09/2005)

By dj

Cleaning Dry Erase Boards

I used rubbing alcohol. I'm not sure if it's bad for the surface, but it all came off instantly.

Cleaning Dry Erase Boards

I found "Off" the bug spray will polish it clean. Don't know if it damages it or not, but cleans perfect.

By Darcy

Cleaning Dry Erase Boards

Alcohol will eventually ruin the finish. Spend a couple of dollars on dry erase spray cleaner, found in office supply stores. Some colors are harder to clean off. Go over color with black and clean as you normally would. Black breaks down the color. (07/25/2005)

Cleaning Dry Erase Boards

How do I remove highlighter from a dry erase board?

I know that if a permanent marker was used on a dry-erase board then all one needs to do is to reactivate the permanent marker with a dry erase marker, then just erase.

However, this does not work for highlighter...anyone with some ideas?
Thanks! (08/02/2005)

By In Trouble

Cleaning Dry Erase Boards

Discovered a sort of new one...
Clear gel type hand sanitizer! Mostly alcohol. Took care of the stuff even WD-40 could not touch!

Cleaning Dry Erase Boards

My sub used a baby wipe on my dry erase board and now everything smears. How do I clean it? I have used Mr. Clean, water, and dry erase board cleaner. Nothing works.. (02/21/2007)

By Jan F.

Cleaning Dry Erase Boards

- go to this website for your baby wipe board. It has a few ideas to renew the surface. (04/17/2007)

Cleaning Dry Erase Boards

The harsh cleaners you suggest, especially the finger nail polish remover, will ruin your board. A dry erase board is dry erase because of the top protective coat on the board. Removing or damaging that top layer with hard cleaners or abrasive towels will create permanent staining. The mild formulas of the manufacturers, I like Expo, are best.

By Karen J

Cleaning Dry Erase Boards

Thank you! I accidentally used a sharpie marker on my dry eraser board. I scribbled over it with an expo marker and then when I wiped it off, it ALL came off! Thank you for the suggestion. (06/06/2008)

Cleaning Dry Erase Boards

Awesome, WD-40 took off the Sharpie pen my kid used on it. Thanks to this board. (09/11/2008)

By Artist

Cleaning Dry Erase Boards

Believe it or not, Gin works just fine. (12/31/2008)

By Mr. Gin

A dry erase board and markers.
Cleaning a Dry Erase Board
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Dry Erase Markers
Removing Dry Erase Marker from a Couch
A whiteboard with scribbles all over it.
Cleaning Permanent Marker Off a Dry Erase Board
Dry Erase Markers
Reviving Dry Erase Markers