Cleaning Eye Glasses

An easy way to clean your glasses lint free is to use coffee filters. An easy cleaner for your glasses is 1/2 alcohol and 1/2 water in a spray bottle.

By Jan

Answers:

Cleaning Eye Glasses

I only need my glasses for reading so I always have them dangling from my neck using an eyeglass cord. They can get really dirty sometimes when I am cooking. So I wash my wire-framed glasses in my sink before I wash my dishes. I fill the sink as usual with dish detergent and hot water. I emerge the glasses in the water, remove and gently wash the lenses and frame. Rinse and dry. Not only are the lenses clean but the frames, too. (01/19/2005)

By mkymlp

Cleaning Eye Glasses

Another neat trick is to apply a small blob of shaving cream (not the gel kind) into both sides of the lens and buff it in and dry. Keeps your glasses from fogging up with temperature changes. Same trick applies on the bathroom mirror.
CJ(01/20/2005)

By cjgeo

Cleaning Eye Glasses

I have found the easiest way to get rid of face oil on glasses is to wet them, and scrub gently with a soft toothbrush and foaming facewash. Then rinse with hot water and dry. (07/17/2005)

By Hilary

Cleaning Eye Glasses and Faucets

Rubbing alcohol is great for cleaning eye glasses because it removes skin oil and doesn't smear the lens.
It is also wonderful for cleaning faucets. It makes them shiny and new-looking.

By SusannL (09/01/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Cleaning Eye Glasses

DON'T use coffee filters, facial tissues, or any other similar products. They are made from wood and can scratch your lenses. Use plain or soapy water to clean and rinse thoroughly. Dry with a soft cotton cloth. Never dry polish. (02/25/2008)

By R.S.

Cleaning Eye Glasses

Hillary, I trust you're talking about those super-soft toothbrushes made for infants and for adults with extremely delicate gums (like chemotherapy patients). Seems to me that the ones the toothbrush industry is currently labeling "soft" would be way too harsh.

I rinse loose dust off, then use a drop of LOC (or dish detergent would do fine) and rub gently between my thumb and fingertips. I dry them with a clean, soft cotton rag. (Yes, I still save old underwear for rags!)

mkymlp, I love your idea of washing them with the dishes! (06/10/2008)

By lieast

Cleaning Eye Glasses

This is a tip for anyone who has older glasses or perhaps scratch resistant glasses that have lost their scratch resistant coating. Put a drop or two of Rainx liquid on the surface of the lens and with a wet finger rub into the surface of the lens. This has a slight polishing effect and will make smaller scratches disappear (will not cure deep scratches). Repeat this process on both surfaces of both lenses.

Then clean the glasses using a mild soap and warm water. The added benefit of this method is that the Rainex treatment will help to repel dust and moisture for a few weeks keeping the glasses cleaner over time. Also, the treatment will prevent condensation from forming on the lens for a few weeks. So if you constantly have problems of your glasses fogging up when you go out in the heat after being in the AC in your car this will prevent that. I used this trick when I worked at a restaurant and had to walk-in and out of a walk in refrigerator all day long.

DO NOT USE RAINEX ON NEW GLASSES: it may damage the coatings, but if the coatings are already damaged this may prolong the life of your glasses. Also, if you have a problem with glasses slipping down off your face try putting a small amount of anti-perspiration on your nose, this prevents sweat from forming on your nose which will make the glasses slip. (09/09/2008)

By Moish

Cleaning eyeglasses with a cloth.
Cleaning Eyeglasses
Remembering Your Glasses
Remembering Your Glasses
Two Wine Glasses
Crafts Using Wine Glasses
Uses for Old Reading Glasses
Uses for Old Reading Glasses
Girl with Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis)
Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis) Remedies
🎉
🎄