Cleaning Coated Eyeglass Lenses?

How do you clean anti-reflective eyeglass lenses and multi-coated lenses?

upulgamage from Sri Lanka

Answers

By Bette (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Three comments: I have always heard that since paper is made from wood pulp it can scratch glasses.

My glasses were tuning cloudy when I cleaned them and when I told my optical store what that I was using alcohol with a little Dawn in it they said the alcohol reacts with those coatings and is causing the cloudiness.

They said if I am going to make my own to use distilled water with a few drops of Dawn or any dish washing liquid in it and that has solved my problem.

Anonymous
Best Answer

Opticians have warned me that paper can scratch the lenses. You should only use a soft, clean cotton or cotton-flannel cloth.

I asked the same question at an optical shop and I was told to use a soft cotton cloth and a mixture of a small amount of rubbing alcohol and water.

By DEBRADJ. (Guest Post)

I had an old flannel nightie that I cut up and use to clean my glasses. There are commercial products but soap and water does it for me letting them dry then polishing with the flannel

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousJanuary 15, 2017
🍂
😷
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf83865269.tip.html