Cleaning Fabric Softener Dispenser

I have a Kenmore washing machine, and the fabric dispenser is either clogged or broken. Does anyone know how to clean these. I can't get the fabric softener out of the dispenser.

Cleaning Fabric Dispenser

When I had my old machine I would take the fabric softener thing off and wash it by hand. Use really really hot water to melt the fabric softener. I also used a toothbrush to scrub the container. If that doesn't work you could call Sears and order a new one. Good luck. (01/22/2003)

By cindonmill

Cleaning Fabric Dispenser

I throw mine in the dishwasher.

By Khirstie

Cleaning Fabric Dispenser

I soak mine in really hot water for 5-10 minutes, then I use an old toothbrush with either Dawn (dishwashing liquid) or plain old white vinegar to scrub out any remaining residue. It always comes out squeaky clean, no matter which one I use. Good luck! (04/28/2005)

By MainyP

Cleaning Fabric Dispenser

I am having the same problem. The part that holds the softener can come off. So I then took it and soaked it overnight in Javex and water. Then I scrubbed what I could with an old tooth brush.

Just when I thought I was done, I was running hot water through the top, and all this mold and gunk came out. An hour later I am still running water, and gunk is still coming out.

I think I might invest in one of those Downy balls (07/09/2007)

By Ann

Cleaning Fabric Dispenser

I have a Kenmore washer, too. I take the fabric softener dispenser off occasionally and soak it in a sink or dish pan with hot water and white vinegar. You may need to use an old toothbrush to help scrub it. You will be amazed how much comes off and out of it! (10/28/2007)

By J

Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Generic Fabric Softener Bottles
Homemade Fabric Softener Recipes
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Downy Fabric Softener Ball
Uses For Downy Fabric Softener Balls