Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Cleaning Hair Bows

Cleaning Hair Bows

Hair bows can often be cleaned using a little bit of care to keep them looking like new. This is a guide about cleaning hair bows.

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Clean Hair Bows With Dish Soap

My daughter wears bows in her hair and they are always getting dirty. Instead of spending $5-$10 to replace the dirty bows, I used a small brush and Dawn dishwashing liquid and scrubbed the bows clean. I placed them in a window that gets lots of sun so they will dry quickly and will be ready to wear in no time. They look brand new! I figured I saved at least $35 or more and the bows look brand new.

By mdseese from Covington, LA

Share Your Feedback: Once you try any of the above solutions, be sure to come back and give a "thumbs up" to the one that worked the best for you. Do you have a better solution? Click "Share a Solution" above!

Here are questions related to Cleaning Hair Bows.

Question: Cleaning Hair Bows

Can I use Clorox to clean my daughter's hair bows?

By Mia from Dyersburg, TN

Most Recent Answer

By jean leiner02/03/2010

Using Clorox would depend on the material the bows are made of. Can you take a small sample of the material from the bows and try the Clorox on that? If it works, go ahead. If you are talking about plain ribbons that you tie, they are hand washable/air dry. If you are talking about,more elaborate ready made ones with bows and flowers. They can be cleaned by putting cornmeal in a bag, and shaking to coat thoroughly, then brush off the cornmeal.