Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

How do I get ink out of my dryer?

By Angelia from MS

Answers:

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

I had the same thing happen to me last month. I just cleaned it with rubbing alcohol. Some areas were hard, I used fingernail polish remover on it. (08/21/2010)

By sickandsexy

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

Just wanted you to know that I used the following "magic" to remove ink from my dryer. It works exactly as this person said it would. If anyone out there has this problem, this is your solution! Thank you "zoombroom". Signed "Happy in Illinois"

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer:

After reading all the tips, I decided to combine a few. Bingo. This worked like a charm. Put rubber gloves on. Put 2 cups bleach in a bucket and add some water until about 1/2 full. I soaked an old large beach towel in the water. I guess you could use 2 regular size towels. It absorbed all the water and no need to "wring" it out. Put it in the dryer and turned it on. Checked it about 30 minutes later and most of the ink was gone.

There were a few heavy spots of ink left, so again using rubber gloves, I took the still wet towel out, put some fingernail polish remover on a Mr. Clean Magic Pad and the spots came out instantly. There were some residual swirls of ink left, so I put the wet towel back in the dryer for another 15 minutes. The drum was sparkling after that. It looks brand new inside. I did wipe down the inside with a clean wet dishrag afterward to get any bleach that might have been left. It was really easy. I highly recommend this method. (02/02/2010)

By zoombroom (09/12/2010)

By Carolefrances

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

I am house sitting and so grateful for the advise given on this site. My hubby did his own work clothes and left a pen in his pocket and it exploded all over my friend's dryer and I mean everywhere. We tried bleach and just fingernail polish remover, but nothing would take it out. But then I got the Magic Eraser and non acetone fingernail polish remover and wow, it all came out. It is a killer combo! It gave me a bit of a headache, but spared my reputation and wallet from having to buy my honeymooning friends a new dryer. They will never know. It is spotless. Thank you! Whoever thought of this remedy is a genius! The remedy is under 5 dollars and a new dryer is how much? Trust me, you can't afford not to try it, it works. (09/29/2010)

By mydmor

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer
Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎉
🎄