Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

How do I remove gel pen ink stains from clothes dryer?

By Oliver from Glen Carbon, IL

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

Try a magic eraser! not a store brand (they don't work as well and fall apart). I used a magic eraser to remove purple ink from a pen I had left in my pocket from many moons ago and it wiped it away. If I ever need to remove anything, I grab a magic eraser to see if it will work first before I try anything else. (10/17/2010)

By FrugalbyChoice5

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

I had my first "OMG" moment with 2 ink pens that had left spots all over my brand new front-loading Whirlpool dryer. I followed the technique of mixing 2 cups bleach with a half bucket of water and soaking several old towels in them, then running the dryer for 30 minutes. I immediately followed that with the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, wet with non-acetone fingernail polish remover. Great! The only "casualty" was the nice shirt I had on when I threw the towels into the dryer -- I recommend old clothes and rubber gloves. Thanks for the help! (10/30/2010)

By KC Rosie

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer
Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather