Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

How to you get ink out of dryer?

Janice from Harrisonburg, VA

Answers:

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

The bleach+towels trick worked for me! What I did instead of using pure bleach is I sprayed Clorox Clean-Up on the dryer drum. Then I tossed two rags and a towel in the dryer. Every 15 minutes stopped the dryer and sprayed more Clorox Clean-Up. The dryer looks great! (02/17/2007)

By Robinson

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

I had a fit when my son dried his clothes with a ballpoint pen in his pocket. I had blue ink everywhere in drum, what a mess. I tried the magic sponge and non acetone nail polish remover on warm drum, worked pretty good. Drum still has a slight blue tinge, I'll try that bleach towel next. (02/21/2007)

By Ralph

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

When I got up this morning and saw my stainless steel and white dryer cover in black ink due to an exploded pen I thought it was ruined. Hubby and I used goo gone and then rubbing alcohol to get it off as much as we could and then we soaked a towel in water and poured bleach all over the towel and rung it out slightly and tossed it in the dryer on high heat - we did this two times and the dryer is as good as new - no more ink stains! We ran a regular soaking wet towel to get off the bleach residue and also a dryer sheet to remove the smell. Thank God all is well and I will always remember to check those pockets. (02/22/2007)

By Nstr

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

Nail polish remover seemed to work just fine. I still have some light blue smears here and there, but otherwise good as new! Thanks for posting this stuff! I wonder if paint thinner would work? (02/24/2007)

By charlie

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

My tenant ruined my new drier! I tried rubbing with alchohol, nail polish remover etc etc. I read this and tried the bleach and towel trick. I am AMAZED. Just put a bleach & water soaked old towel in the drier and run at 30 minute intervals re-soaking the towel. It took me three times, but I cannot believe how easy and how well this worked. Thanks! (03/10/2007)

By Pat, Florida

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

I recently had my first "pen in the dryer" experience. I thought I ruined the dryer. Nonetheless, I looked on this forum and tried the Magic Eraser, with nail polish remover. I cleaned the dryer a section at a time, going back over each section with clean water to remove the nail polish remover from the dryer, and to prevent the fumes from smelling my house up too bad. (I recommed opening your windows as well.) I soaked a towel in diluted bleach and put it in the dryer with a few dryer sheets to take the remaining smell out of the dryer. I love you guys! It worked, my dryer is clean again!

Thank you! (03/25/2007)

By Guest

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

Thanks for all your good info. I sent a gel ink pen through the wash and dryer, and found it when I came back from vacation. It looked like someone took a paintbrush and black paint and swabbed the inside of my couple month old dryer. Alcohol and the Mr.Clean Magic Sponge did the trick, although you still have to be a bit of a contortionist and breathe deeply outside of the dryer. I rewashed my inked clothes using the Oxy Clean, baking soda and laundry soap recipe with mixed results. Some came out clean, and some still need some work. I appreciate all the help! (04/15/2007)

By MEK

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

Thank you! Whoever discovered the bleached soaked towels! My dryer was scary, believe me. The towels soaked in bleach worked perfect. I can hardly believe it. Of course my whole house and my hands will smell like bleach for a week but its a small price to pay! I did do it 3 times but only to be certain. I recommend that. (06/01/2007)

By Candie

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer
Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎉
🎄