Cleaning Metal Mini Blinds

I have metal (blue color) mini blinds that I've had up for 8 years. I do smoke in the house, too. At a glance, you don't notice, but I see the dirt and grime on the blinds and I am looking for a way to clean them. Also, what about the small rope (strings) that are used to operate the blinds?

Thank you so much for your help!

Sue from Birmingham, AL

Answers:

Cleaning Metal Mini Blinds

I used to clean mine in the bathtub. I would fill it up with warm sudsy water, and then clean each stip with an aggressive sponge. For sticky stains, I would let them soak. It's a bit messy and time consuming, but it works. (09/10/2006)

By Jess

Cleaning Metal Mini Blinds

Try taking them to a car wash.
A car wash normally has hooks you can hang floor mats on
Works Good..will get extra clean.
Good Luck (09/10/2006)

By Autumn

Cleaning Metal Mini Blinds

You can either clean your blinds in your tub/shower or outside, but you'll need to figure out a way to hang them up, like on a clothesline for example. Next, take some Scrubbing Bubbles foaming bathroom cleaner (the dollar store versions of this work great) and spray your blinds thoroughly, including the strings and any other parts you want clean. Now watch the grease and grime melt right off your blinds. Just rinse off the blinds with a hose or handheld shower sprayer. You don't have to rub each individual slat or the strings, but if your blinds are really grimy, you may have to repeat the Scrubbing Bubbles, and then let them hang outside or in your tub/shower until dry. I have used this method for both aluminum and vinyl blinds with great results.

truerblue (09/11/2006)

By truerblue

Cleaning Metal Mini Blinds

ammonia works great (09/20/2006)

By heather

Cleaning Metal Mini Blinds

MiniMaids - Venetian Blind Cleaning Tool available at www.shophometrends.com. You don't have to take blinds to the car wash or hang mini blinds from a clothesline outside to wash. Have hard to clean mini blinds looking like new in minutes. Suspend blinds from brackets attached to shower wall or an outside window (use garden hose), with three super suction brackets, spray really dirty blinds with cleaning solution, then simply rinse away tacky dirt, household allergens, down the drain! (03/02/2008)

By kheneghan

Cleaning mini blinds square
Cleaning Mini Blinds
Cleaning Metal
Cleaning Metal
Cleaning Venetian Blinds
Cleaning Venetian Blinds
Closed Mini Blinds
Reusing Mini Blinds
Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal
🎉
🎄