Cleaning Microfiber Furniture

I have a beige microfiber rocking chair. I need to know how to clean a stain on the seat. I tried to clean it with a damp rag but it made it look awful. Can you please help? Thank you.

By Ambersnana from Louisville, KY

Cleaning Microfiber Furniture

If your microfiber is colorfast (first try an area under or in the back of the sofa), you can try spraying hydrogen peroxide. If the stain is a "natural" stain like food, coffee, wine or juice the peroxide will "fizz" the stain away with oxygen. Don't use the stronger peroxide made for bleaching hair, just the cheapie kind from any grocery store. You might want to use a toothbrush to scrub and fluff up the area while it's wet or after the peroxide dries.

A second idea is to just take a regular bristle brush hair brush (not made of wire) or a toothbrush to a "dry" stain and sprinkle in a little baking soda and try brushing the area until its clean.

Read my tip below for "dry-cleaning" your own carpeting, you could call the company and ask if the stuff also works for microfiber.

By Cyinda

Cleaning Microfiber Furniture

Thank you for the email. I tried Oxiclean on it and it came right out (04/13/2009)

By ambersnana

Brown microfiber couch.
Cleaning Microfiber Furniture
Kitten laying on couch with a pen
Cleaning Ink on Microfiber Furniture
Microsuede footstool
Cleaning Microsuede Furniture
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Boxer on White Microfiber Couch
Removing Pet Hair from Microfiber