Cleaning Nicotine Stains on Blinds

Nicotine stains from smoking can develop on many surfaces in a home or office. This is a guide about cleaning nicotine stains on blinds.

Cleaning Blinds

How do you clean nicotine stains on vertical blinds?

Paul from Ocala, FL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I've tried everything I've read on the internet with not much success. The cigarette build-up was pretty bad to the point the plastic/vinyl blinds were dark brown and icky. The only solution I found to work was running hot water in my bath tub, placing the blinds in the hot water and adding pure bleach! Swish them around some, let sit a while then rinse and wipe dry. Super easy (compared to a lot of elbow grease). If I have only a couple of blinds I want to clean, I fill my kitchen sink with hot water, add the blinds then add the bleach. Swish & let sit for a bit, checking to see if the stains are gone. When gone, rinse and dry.

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Cleaning Blinds and CurtainsSeptember 29, 2013
Cleaning Venetian Blinds
Cleaning Venetian Blinds
Closed Mini Blinds
Reusing Mini Blinds
Cleaning mini blinds square
Cleaning Mini Blinds
Hand holding a smoking cigarette.
Cleaning Nicotine from Wood Furniture
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 3:42:29 PM on 10.0.2.98 in 591 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.