Cleaning Nicotine Stains on Blinds

Cleaning Blinds

Nicotine stains from smoking can develop on many surfaces in a home or office. This is a guide about cleaning nicotine stains on blinds.

Here are questions related to Cleaning Nicotine Stains on Blinds.

Question: Nicotine Stains on Blinds

How do you clean nicotine stains on vertical blinds?

Paul from Ocala, FL

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By helpmeclean 09/30/2014

I've tried everything I've read on the internet with not much success. The cigarette build-up was pretty bad to the point the plastic/vinyl blinds were dark brown and icky. The only solution I found to work was running hot water in my bath tub, placing the blinds in the hot water and adding pure bleach! Swish them around some, let sit a while then rinse and wipe dry. Super easy (compared to a lot of elbow grease). If I have only a couple of blinds I want to clean, I fill my kitchen sink with hot water, add the blinds then add the bleach. Swish & let sit for a bit, checking to see if the stains are gone. When gone, rinse and dry.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Question: Removing Nicotine Stains from Blinds

I have vertical blinds, made of some plastic mash, to let some light through. Over some years nicotine (smoke) has stained the verticals. I have tried soaking in vinegar/water, no success. Help!

By didi

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Solutions: Cleaning Nicotine Stains on Blinds

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!