Removing Nicotine Stains from Linoleum and Vinyl Flooring

Category Floors
Nicotine from cigarette smoking can leave yellowish stains on many surfaces in the home of a smoker. This is a guide about removing nicotine stains from linoleum and vinyl flooring.

Nicotine can leave ugly brown stains on many surfaces. There are several products you can try and you may need to do some scrubbing with a brush to remover particularly stubborn ones. This is a guide about how to remove nicotine stains on a vinyl floor.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I am about to move out of my apartment and want to get all of my security deposit back. I have 2 nicotine stains from a cigarette that are on my linoleum floor. Your help would be much appreciated.

Thank you, Roccina from NY

Answers

Are they nicotine stains or burns in the surface? You should just be able to remove stains with soap and water or a mild abrasive cleaner. You can't remove burns but you could try sanding them with very fine grit sand paper to remove the burn and any raised melted edges then colouring them in with marker pen or paint the same colour as the floor to disguise them. You could also ask advice at a linoleum supply shop.

Regards

Jo

I'd try ammonia straight from the bottle and see if that worked.

By Heather (Guest Post)

Four Words: Mr. CLEAN MAGIC ERASER...Answer to all your problems.