Cleaning Orange Glo Residue From Floors

We were also victims of the Orange Glo Hardwood floor fiasco! Our cleaning service used it on our foyer when our usual solution ran out. The waxy/oily/sticky smudge grew through the whole first floor. To give you an idea, 2200+ prefinished Bellawood Brazilian Cherry all covered with this stuff tracked by footsteps and attempts to remove it.

I tried the water/ammonia/water solution 3 equal parts and did not work so well. The Zep Hardwood and Laminate Floor Cleaner did the job! It took new pads on the mops (Dickies), and 2 rounds of scrubbing. The floors still have minimal residue which I'm sure will be removed over the next few cleanings.

Other safe products for your wood floors are:

1. Zep for laminate and hardwood
2. Bruce hardwood and laminate floor cleaner

Both of these are $5 to $9 at Lowes and Home depot. Good luck, don't forget to get new mops before starting.

Source: This info is from our own experience, sweat and back ache. :)

By W. Rodriguez from Fayetteville, NC

Cleaning Orange Glo Residue From Floors

I just cleaned 1,000 sq. ft. of oak flooring covered with an Orange Glo haze. I used a dish scrubber sponge and some Windex to get up most of the residue, and then used Method floor cleaner to clean up the last bit. My floors look beautiful again.

By mamamona

Woman cleaning floor with orange spray bottle and rag
Cleaning Orange Glo Residue from Floors
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
spray bottle
Buying Kleen Glo
Kleen-Glo Reviews
Kitchen With Laminate Flooring
Removing Orange Glo Residue from Laminate Flooring