Cleaning Soap Scum on Shower Doors

How do I remove soap scum on shower doors? They are hard to get at.

By cash51 from Cleveland, OH

Answers:

Cleaning Soap Scum on Shower Doors

Get in the shower and scrub the walls with a Brillo or SOS pad. (10/06/2009)

By Southern Saver

Cleaning Soap Scum on Shower Doors

Spray it with vinegar, that will help. (10/06/2009)

By kffrmw88

Cleaning Soap Scum on Shower Doors

Try Comet bathroom cleaner spray. It works really well if used once a week. Also, use a daily shower spray after each shower that helps prevent the soap scum build-up in the first place. (10/06/2009)

By tekiebelu

Cleaning Soap Scum on Shower Doors

"The Works" Toilet Bowl Cleaner will cut that soap scum and hard water. I stand in the tub wearing flip-flops and rubber gloves. Just squirt in on the walls, glass doors, etc. and wipe it down. Any tough to reach places try using a brush. Rinse when you're done. It will cut the soap scum and hard water build up. Thank goodness it doesn't smell bad, but it will sting if it splatters on you. I don't let the build up get ahead of me now. Use weekly and you can get by with wiping it down with a few squirts on a wash cloth. Don't use anything abrasive or you'll scratch your finish. (10/12/2009)

By LaQuetta

Cleaning Soap Scum on Shower Doors

After cleaning the shower doors, to prevent the accumulation of soap scum, etc. use a good squeegee after each shower. It only takes seconds. The best squeegee for this a 2 bladed squeegee from Cleret. (10/17/2009)

By Seracdog

Cleaning Soap Scum on Shower Doors

After you've cleaned your trouble areas of soap scum, stop using soap. Use shower gel and you'll eliminate soap scum by 95%. The best squeegee I've found, is the California Water Blade autobarn.net. It is made of silicone, so it doesn't scratch and is available in various widths (14 inches and 12 inches). A quick squeegee and a wipe down with a microfiber cloth will keep your shower clean for months. My wife has me giving the shower walls a good waxing (with the orbital polisher) every few months. (11/01/2009)

By Cajun62234

Cleaning Soap Scum on Shower Doors

Spray Scrubbing Bubbles on the glass doors, then follow with hydrogen peroxide. Use a squeegee with cool water and all the spots are gone. (11/06/2009)

By amberangel

Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Shower door made of metal and class.
Cleaning Metal Parts on Shower Doors
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Remove Soap Scum from Fiberglass
Shower Power Cleaner
Buying Shower Power Cleaner
🎄