Cleaning Tomato Sauce Stains from Plastic Containers

Clean tomato sauce stains from your plastic containers using hot water filled to the top and plopping a couple denture tablets in.

By Rhonda

More Tips:
Removing Tomato Sauce Stains from Plastic 06/25/2004
Instead of buying cleaner for colored stains on plastic, like tomato sauce, etc. I submerge the item in really hot water for several seconds before I put on the soap and then I wash and rinse in hot water again. It comes out like magic!
By tiny bop
Bleach 09/15/2004
To remove tomato stains or any other stains from plastic containers use the following method:

Take about 1 cup of bleach & add 3 cups of water. Place this solution into the container that is discolored. Leave in place for about 2 hours. Rinse well with plain water being especially careful not to let the solution touch or splash on your clothes. Happy bleaching.

By joesgirl
Denture Tablets 11/07/2005
By Rhonda
Cooking Spray 11/07/2005
I don't know if this will work at all times, but try putting cooking spray in the container BEFORE putting your food in there. If you eat it all straight away, 99% of the time, it won't stain. However, if you keep it overnight, I think it will.
By KLS8800 (Guest Post)
Cleaning Tomato Sauce Stains from Plastic Containers 11/07/2005
I mix baking soda and dish soap into a paste to clean my bowl. If the red isn't gone I set it in the sun and let it bleach out naturally.

Love & Prayers,

By lindaljh1
Pitted or Scarred Containers 11/08/2005
Just a warning... if the container is pitted or scarred throw it out! The chemicals in the plastic can leetch from the damaged plastic into your food and who knows what damage those chemicals can do to a person ... Rather to be safe than frugal?!?

That being said, a baking soda paste and a short "soak" works well on my plastics!

By Madelynnsmama

Plastic Container
Cleaning Stains from Plastic
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
A messy baby getting tomato sauce stains on his clothing.
Removing Tomato Sauce Stains on Clothing
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Uses for Plastic Dog Food Containers
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 22, 2016 at 9:16:17 AM on in 996 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.