Browsing: Cleaning Urine Stains from a Mattresses

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Cleaning Urine Stains from a Mattresses

Mattresses are expensive so replacement isn't always an option when they get soiled. It can be tough to remove urine stains on your mattress though. This is a guide about cleaning urine stains from a mattress.

Up close photo of a pillow top mattress.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

June 19, 2013 Flag

Ten minutes is all it takes!

• 8 fl oz peroxide
  • 3 Tbsp baking soda
  • 2-3 drops any dish detergent
  • empty spray bottle

1. Mix all items in the bottle, but "do not" shake. Swirl it around until it is all mixed together.
  2. Use right away, cover the stain and just walk away.
  3. Come back in about ten minutes and, poof, it's gone! Hope this helps :)

You can't save the leftover mixture due to it only working for 20 minutes.

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 24, 2011 Flag

How do I remove urine stains on a mattress?

John from UK

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Go to Pet Smart and buy enzyme cleaner. Apply to affected area and blot with wet towel. Repeat until stain is gone.

Best Answer

1 tbsp baking soda mixed in 1 cup of warm water.

Spray it to affected area (not all in once though..^^), until the bottle is gone.

The smell and most of the stain will be gone too.

Hope it was good enough.

rea

Read More Answers...

July 30, 2011 Flag

How can I remove a fresh urine stain from a mattress and feather top?

By JB

Best Answer

Years ago I worked at a hotel. We sprinkled the entire area with corn starch then laid a sheet of plastic over the area. The following day it was vacuumed up. It only works of fresh stains.

Best Answer

Nature's Miracle, available on-line or in pet supply stores. They sell several different ones, some even for getting urine out of laundry.

March 26, 2013 Flag

I have a king Sleep Number bed with a very large dried human pee stain on it. I took it to a local laundromat and washed it in the biggest one. I used one and a half cups of Tide soap and a half a bottle of bleach, on hot, but that brought out a yellow kinda brown stain. It is just not coming off. This is a $1,500. set. Can some one please help? I did not try to dry it so it's in my car wet in a trash bag.

By Heather

Only takes 10 minutes!

3 Tbsp of baking soda

8 oz of peroxcide

And a couple drops of dish detergent!

Mix these in a spray bottle - don't shake, gently slosh around till everything is blended. Spray stain and just walk away! Come back in about ten minutes and poof its gone! Hope this helps :)

August 14, 2011 Flag

How do you take pee out of a foam bed?

By Aliana V.

Foam.... The only idea I can come up with, is taking that piece of foam outside, and give it a shower with a COLD water hose. Let it drip off, and air-dry for some days.

No guarantees, because foam is really sensitive with water over 40 degree Celcius, or if not properly dried.

January 25, 2011 Flag

I need advise for removing/cleaning a urine soaked mattress.

By Barbara from OH

Answers:

Urine Stains on a Mattress

Get some XO plus; it removes odors, stains, and cleans. It can be found on QVC.com; Don Aslett's items! If you cannot locate it there, go to his website and order directly! You might also consider getting from that or HSN a mattress cover; the one I got has terry cloth on the top, and is water proof underneath; spilling coffee or wine, etc. never goes through to the mattress. Also: take with you as you travel and put on the beds at motels, etc; nothing can come through the mattress cover either! (09/26/2010)

By MzScarlett

Urine Stains on a Mattress

This will be almost impossible to clean and sanitize and remove odors. When you buy a new mattress, go online and find an incontinence supply store and order a good pad. (09/28/2010)

By lindal

Urine Stains on a Mattress

I want to thank everyone for their great feedback. This is a new mattress only about 6 months old, it is not paid for, you know 0%interest for a year. I did remove the stain, it was expensive. I went out and bought a little Green Machine. It removed all the stains even the one from last week. My husband has Parkinson's and this unfortunately is one of the problems he has. He can not get out of bed. I did go to the store last week and buy disposable pads and yesterday I went to a medical supply store and bought two pads that can be washed 300 times. This has been wearing on me and I try not to show that it bothers me, because he can't help it. I went out on Sunday and bought a new waterproof mattress pad, it is still in my trunk. No, he won't wear a diaper. (09/29/2010)

By bjwardle

September 26, 2010 Flag

How do I remove urine on and in a mattress?

By Tom from CO

Answers:

Urine Stains on a Mattress

Take it outside or to the garage or back yard. Standing it up is easiest and prevents too much liquid getting absorbed. Use diluted bleach and water, a strong solution of probably a cup to a gallon of water. Put as much on the spots as you can, while not saturating the mattress. (Keep it to the spots only, I mean.) Rub it with rags. Let it sit a while for the bleach to work. Remove the bleach and water with clean water and clean rags. Sun dry it or put a fan on it. (06/15/2010)

By thriftyvicki

Urine Stains on a Mattress

Just use the upholstery cleaner of a carpet shampooer. You can dry it with a fan or if you have time a hairdryer. (06/17/2010)

By Ann P.

June 15, 2010 Flag

I need ideas for removing urine in a mattress.

By Sophia from Hammond, IN

Answers:

Urine Stains on a Mattress

Pour straight white vinegar on the spot so that it goes about as deep as you think the puddle went, and make sure to get to all the edges of stain. May take a few days to dry. When dry, take bar of white soap and rub on damp rag, and rub to remove as much of the stain as you can. But do not do that step until all urine smell is gone. It will be neutralized by the vinegar and there should be little, if any, odor of anything.

Conversely, go to store and get pet enzyme stuff and follow directions. When all odor is gone, try to remove stain with soap and water. This is a several day process sometimes. (02/07/2010)

By PIKKA

Urine Stains on a Mattress

Does anyone know how much peroxide, baking soda and soap mixture to use? Everyone seems to like it, but no one has explained it. (02/08/2010)

By got2daughters

Urine Stains on a Mattress

This guy seems to know his stuff: http://www.caturinating.com

He talks about mattresses in one of the posts so it could be worthwhile. I think also the important thing is to ensure the mattress is dried correctly due to the thick fabric and sponge. (06/01/2010)

By kycra1

February 7, 2010 Flag

How can I get urine out of a mattress?

November 29, 2009 Flag

How do I remove human urine stains from a mattress?

September 8, 2009 Flag

I have a month old human pee stain on my fairly new mattress. I was able to get most of it out with hydrogen peroxide mixture, but there is a big ring now and the stain has gotten bigger.

April 2, 2009 Flag

What is the best product to get urine out of a mattress?

November 13, 2008 Flag

How do I remove urine from a mattress? I have a 2 year old sharing my bed, a pillow top mattress, and I tried to steam clean it.

June 5, 2007 Flag

How do I remove human urine odour and stains from a mattress with Borax?

December 3, 2006 Flag

How do you get human urine stains out of a mattress?

May 21, 2006 Flag

I need help removing urine from mattress.

March 31, 2006 Flag

Does anyone have ideas how to clean a mattress? My puppy left a few urine stains.

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureSeptember 15, 2011
Repairing an Air Mattress
Repairing an Air Mattress
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
Uses for Foam Mattresses
Uses for Foam Mattresses
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 24, 2016 at 10:06:46 AM on 10.0.1.7 in 801 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.