Cleaning Your Curling Iron

Cleaning Your Curling Iron
How do I get hairspray off my curling iron?

Angela from AL

Answers:

Oh, thank you so much. The idea for the rubbing alcohol worked great. I have had to spend about $200 in replacement ceramic straight irons in the last year because the hairspray gets so bad I can't get my hair through it. I just cleaned my iron with some cotton swabs and rubbing alcohol and it came right off. Thank you for your wonderful suggestion. (08/24/2007)

Cleaning Your Curling Iron

Actually Nail polish remover was enough to clean off my curling iron, but it was also just a thin coating. Pretty much any alcohol-based cleaning product will work.

Rose

Cleaning Your Curling Iron

Damp cloth! Don't scrub too hard to scrape off ceramic! (02/03/2007)

Suzanne

Cleaning Your Curling Iron

I wet a cotton ball in rubbing alcohol and rub it on mine. It dissolves the hairspray almost on contact, and dries just as fast. (11/10/2006)

susanmaj

Cleaning Your Curling Iron

I have used oven cleaner with great success! It takes off that burnt on mess!(10/31/2006)

Pam

Cleaning Your Curling Iron

I just take a wet (but not dripping) washcloth and roll it around and under the clip part of the iron and then all around the barrel again and just let it set for a few minutes. I do this with the curling iron hot but UNPLUGGED! When it is cool enough to touch I just rub the washcloth around and all the hairspray gunk wipes off of mine. No need for special cleaners, just use water and let it "steam". (10/28/2006)

Grandma Margie

Tip: Cleaning Your Curling Iron

To clean hairspray from a curling iron, even teflon coated, spray a little De-Solv-It on it, wipe with a paper towel, and you are finished. I tried this after trying alcohol, baking soda/water paste, fingernail polish remover, and ammonia. It was SO easy! (10/27/2006)

By Amanda from Copperas Cove, TX