Cleaning Your Microwave

Cleaning the inside of your microwave. Place a cup of water in the microwave, turn on the microwave, but keep an eye on the water level until the water is almost evaporated. Maybe 2-3 minutes. The moisture from the water will loosen anything that has spilled over or blown up. Remove cup, wipe out microwave.

Source: I discovered this one day heating water for instant coffee.

By Robin Z. from Gothenburg, Sweden

Cleaning Your Microwave

Excellent advice for cleaning a microwave. I especially liked the advice to add lemon juice to the water as that will help get rid of odor.

One way to help keep the microwave from getting dirty is to purchase a plastic microwave food cover. They are very inexpensive, fit over almost all food you place for cooking and is quick and easy to clean. (07/17/2008)

By Deeli

Cleaning Your Microwave

In my microwave, 2-3 minutes is enough time to brew a cup of tea or coffee, not nearly enough to evaporate a cup of water.

What I do is put a quarter to half cup of vinegar in my microwave; turn on for four to five minutes; remove cup and wipe out oven.

Works great. Use cider vinegar and vary the amount as well as the time, depending on the amount of cleaning needed and the size of the microwave. (07/18/2008)

By Ron

Cleaning a Microwave
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Cleaning a Burnt Microwave
Cleaning a Burnt Microwave
Quiche Being Served on White Plate
Microwave Quiche Recipes
Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipes