Cleaning Your Microwave

What is the cheapest way to clean out your microwave?

By NewMom'08 from Austin, TX

Answers:

Cleaning Your Microwave

Use a microwave safe bowl with a few cups of water and a half of a lemon. run on high for 4 or 5 minutes. Wipe out with paper towels. (07/23/2009)

By monday67

Cleaning Your Microwave

My "never fail" solution is as follows. First, put 2 or 3 cups of water in a pyrex, (or that type), glass bowl, something that can take boiling, or near boiling water. Pour a couple tablespoons of baking soda in the water, stir to dissolve. Heat slowly, no real need to boil like crazy, but heat until it does steam up the microwave. Let it sit for a few minutes. Then remove bowl, wipe out microwave with cloth moistened from the liquid in the bowl, leaving it clean and fresh. (07/24/2009)

By LJF

Cleaning Your Microwave

I find the easiest way to do it is to put a small microwave safe bowl filled with vinegar in the microwave. Turn it on for about 5 minutes. This will not only steam the microwave (then you just wipe off the inside) but it will also deodorize it also. (07/24/2009)

By namepo

Cleaning Your Microwave

If you're short like me and cannot reach the top in the back of the microwave after using your bowl of vinegar, try this. Place your cleaning cloth over the end of your pancake turner and use the very edge to reach those far away places. I prefer microfiber-cleaning cloths. (07/24/2009)

By BABBIE

Cleaning Your Microwave

Once you get it clean, buy a microwave spatter lid which keeps your microwave virtually spatter free. You just place it over whatever it is you're cooking and it's dishwasher safe. I've also found that it keeps foods from drying out so much :-)

I've had mine for years and it only cost a couple of dollars at WalMart :-) (07/24/2009)

By Deeli

Cleaning Your Microwave

I always wipe out the inside after heating my cup of tea. I let it sit in there for a couple of minutes. It gets steamy and then I wipe it with a dry cloth afterward. I don't have to use soap, even.. This keeps it really clean. (07/24/2009)

By c t

microwave
Cleaning a Microwave
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Cleaning a Burnt Microwave
Cleaning a Burnt Microwave
Quiche Being Served on White Plate
Microwave Quiche Recipes
microwave
Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipes
🎄