Cleaning a Dooney And Bourke Purse

I think my Dooney and Bourke bag was sitting on the wet mat of my car floor and now there is a big stain on the back of it. I think the fabric is cotton. I just need to get the stain out, please help.

By queensdesi91 from Hyde Park, NY

Answers:

Cleaning a Dooney And Bourke Purse

Hi queendesi91, we NY gals need to stick together! There's a product here in the UK called Dr Beckmann's Dry Clean Only (http://www.dr-beckmann.co.uk/dry-clean-only.asp) that works great. I used it on the inside of my Dooney wristlet. I think you have something similar in the States called Dryel? I've never used that though. However, you can probably get the Dr Beckmann's on EBay and get it shipped over. It costs (pounds) 3.98 (about $6) in the supermarkets here (so don't be fooled into paying a lot for it). And test it first on a small obscure area just to make sure it will not wreck the color. Hope this helps? (09/04/2009)

By EVICKERS

Cleaning a Dooney and Bourke
Cleaning a Dooney and Bourke Purse
Placemat Purse
Making a Placemat Purse
Plarn coin purse.
Plarn Coin Purse
Two baby cradle church purses with Kewpie dolls inside.
Crocheted Baby Cradle Purse
Purse decorated with CDs.
Making a CD Purse
🎄