Cleaning a Dooney and Bourke Purse

My bag is a light cream color with black polka dots, and black leather trim. I tried unsuccessfully for a year to get the bag professionally cleaned. Out of sheer desperation, I finally tried a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sponge (by then I was ready to throw the bag out).

Be sure to dampen the sponge. I started gently, but then the lack of patience got the best of me, so I applied a lot of pressure (trying to move the sponge in one direction across the fabric). To my amazement, the bag looks almost new. The Mr. Clean sponge cost about $3, and was well worth every penny and then some.

By pmalensky

Cleaning a Dooney and Bourke
Cleaning a Dooney and Bourke Purse
Placemat Purse
Making a Placemat Purse
Plarn coin purse.
Plarn Coin Purse
Two baby cradle church purses with Kewpie dolls inside.
Crocheted Baby Cradle Purse
Purse decorated with CDs.
Making a CD Purse
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 27, 2017 at 9:44:02 AM on 10.0.2.205 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.