Cook Spinach With Coconut Oil

We all know that spinach is good for us - we should eat it everyday. I have also discovered Organic Cold Pressed Coconut Oil. This has great benefits, good for your hair, skin, weight loss, lowers blood pressure, and a whole host of other things. Now I am not a doctor, but I figure if it tastes good and is good for you, you can not go wrong.

I take the coconut oil (make sure it is organic and cold pressed) and melt it in a skillet, put in a couple of cloves of garlic, then cook down the spinach in it. Sometimes I add eggs, celery, carrot, or onions - whatever I feel like. The coconut oil gives it a great flavor and at one meal I have consumed about 3-4 servings of my daily vegetables. It is a wonderful meal, and I don't miss the butter and all the other "bad" things that make spinach taste good. Enjoy!

Source: This was inspired by

By WendyD from Whitewater, CA

How do you know if the coconut oil has health benefits? I bought coconut oil at Wal-mart and the only ingredient listed is coconut oil. It is not a liquid but has shortening-type texture. Can I tell by reading the label if it's the healthy coconut oil? Thank you.

I don't know anything about the coconut oil, but I'll tell you how I cook my spinach. Wash it and nip off any of the larger stems, then put it into a pot to heat. No need to add water, there is enough water on the leaves from washing them. After it has cooked down, squeeze the excess water out, add about 1/4 of a Knorr Chicken cube, a few shakes of garlic powder, one tablespoon of milk or cream and mix. Delish!

Ok, I looked it up about coconut oil.

The Health Benefits of Virgin Coconut Oil

Since the 1960s, coconut oil has been unfairly labeled as "unhealthy". The media reported studies of how tropical coconut oils were laden with artery-clogging saturated fats. What was left out of these reports was the fact that the coconut oil used in the studies was not the virgin oil used for centuries but hydrogenated coconut oil. We have since learned it's the hydrogenation artificially adding a hydrogen molecule to oils in order to make them shelf stable that's the problem, not the coconut oil itself. Hydrogenated soy, corn, and canola oils loaded with dangerous trans-fats and processed with toxic hexane solvents are routinely added to packaged foods. Hydrogenation fattened corporate profits and American waistlines, and is now linked with trans-fats and associated heart disease.

Baby formulas often include pure coconut oil as an ingredient because coconut is such a healthy super food. Virgin coconut oil is rich in the essential fatty acids, the "good fats" that doctors recommend and is cholesterol and trans fat-free.

Health Properties of Lauric Acid

One of the "good fats" that makes up about 50% of coconut oil, is lauric acid. Lauric acid is a rare medium-chain fatty acid found in mother's milk. It is now being shown to have anti-fungal, anti-viral, and anti-bacterial health-protecting properties. Some researchers predict that lauric acid will one day become as well known in health circles as Omega-3 is today

Cooking With Coconut Oil
Food and Recipes Food Tips Healthy EatingJune 2, 2011
Coconut Oil
Buying Coconut Oil
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
Uses for Coconut Oil
Freezing Spinach
Freezing Spinach