Cookware for a Glass Top Stove

What type of cookware should I use on a glass top stove?

Janrose from IN

Answers:

Cookware for a Glass Top Stove

The same as any other stove. Cast iron, Revereware, teflon , it doesn't matter. They all work just fine on a glass-top stove. (01/11/2007)

By Dusty

Cookware for a Glass Top Stove

Be very careful of anything with ridges on the bottom. I had a non-stick pan with ridges on the bottom that scratched the surface. Make sure the bottom of the pan has a smoother surface. There are a lot of options with smooth bottoms. (01/11/2007)

By Fisher

Cookware for a Glass Top Stove

You need cookware with very flat bottoms. My Revere Ware has nice rounded bottom edges and I love them (have used them for 40+ years ) but the larger diameter pots have a tendency to "rock" when they get hot. I do have some Farberware cookware with very flat, straight bottoms which do not do this. I am a great fan of Revere Ware and I absolutely love my ceramic cooktop stove. Just keep it clean. Wipe up any spills immediately. My owners manual says sugary products or milk products can pit the surface if allowed to burn onto the surface. I've had mine for 4 years and it still looks like new and I cook a lot.

To prevent boilovers, when cooking pasta, potatoes, etc. just place a long handled wooden spoon across the top of the pot. It will "split" the boilover that's forming and stop it from making a mess.
I clean my cooktop with Ceramabryte. That little bottle lasts for a very long time and I use it constantly.
One last tip. Teach yourself to pick up your pots and skillets when moving them to another burner. Don't drag them across the ceramic surface. It will eventually scratch the top and I am assuming make it harder to clean.

By Liz

Cookware for a Glass Top Stove
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Glass Top Stove
Using Cast Iron Pan on Glass Top Stoves
🎉
🎄