Making a Cork Bulletin Strip

Category Decor
Making a Cork Bulletin Strip
If you have a drawer filled with saved corks or know a friend that drinks wine, use the corks to make a bulletin board strip for your home. This is a guide about making a cork bulletin strip.

I have been trying to use up the corks that I have and decided to make this version of a cork "cork board". It was easy to make and can fit into smaller space than a normal cork board. Plus I think it is more interesting.

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 1

• 1 wooden yard stick
  • 40-45 corks
  • hot glue gun
  • drill
  • nail or screw

1. Start by laying out the corks on top of the yard stick. Then move them off to the side of the yard stick in the order you want to adhere them. I did spend time looking for ones that had interesting pictures or neat fonts on them. :) Also consider with you want to change line them all up the same way or change it up and have some go up right and some be on their sides.
  2. Using a hot glue gun, run a line along the cork and press it firmly onto the yard stick. Continue up the yard stick, making sure that the corks are centered on the stick and as straight as possible.
  3. Ad

4. If you want to hang the bulletin stick vertically, then leave space for one or two corks at the top. Mark the spot for your hole with a pencil. I recommend putting your hole in the gap underneath the edge where two corks meet.
  5. Ad

6. Drill a hole in the yard stick big enough for the head of your screw or nail to fit through. Test fit the hole. Note: If the hole needs to be big, I suggest that you first drill a small hole and then use a larger bit to get it the right size. This will help prevent the yard stick from cracking.

Videos

This video shows you how to make your own bulletin strip out of wine corks. View the full project here: Cork Bulletin Strip