Corn Is Tasseling But Has No Ears

My corn is about 4 feet high and is tasseling, but no ears of corn. Any suggestions why not?

Ed from Salem, OR

Answers:

Corn Is Tasseling But Has No Ears

My ears of corn started appearing about a week or so after the tassels. (08/22/2008)

By Katie A.

Corn Is Tasseling But Has No Ears

I think it just needs to grow more. Four feet high is not that tall for corn, although it depends on the variety. Many types of corn require a long growing season. I doubt that there is anything wrong with it. Let it be for a couple more weeks of hot weather. (08/22/2008)

By louel53

Corn Is Tasseling But Has No Ears

Corn is wind-pollinated and should be planted in blocks of at least 4 rows for good pollination to occur. Also, if you are in a climate that has experienced low temperatures or too much moisture, or certainly any frost, that will have damaged your chances or at least delayed them. (08/23/2008)

By Brian

Corn Is Tasseling But Has No Ears

This question was mine and I thank all those that responded. I was just not patient enough, the ears are coming out nicely. I got the garden in late, because of the unusually cooler and wet spring. (09/11/2008)

By Ed from Salem

Corn Is Tasseling But Has No Ears
Dog With Itchy Ears
Remedies for a Dog With Itchy Ears
Chihuahua puppy
Puppy's Ears Aren't Standing Up
Growing Indian Corn
Growing Indian Corn
A stack of corn tortillas.
Homemade Corn Tortilla Recipes
🎉
🎄