Buttoned Headband for Masks

This headband is helpful when you have to wear a mask for extended periods of time and don't want the pressure on your ears. Your mask's straps loop around the buttons near your ears. I originally made this for my sister who is a makeup artist and has to be extra protective for herself and her clients at work. I used an old t-shirt's sleeve for this headband.

This headband is helpful when you have to wear a mask for extended periods of time and don't want the pressure on your ears. Your mask's straps loop around the buttons near your ears. I originally made this for my sister who is a makeup artist and has to be extra protective for herself and her clients at work. I used an old t-shirt's sleeve for this headband so I could be matchy-matchy, but you can use any fabric headband you have on hand.

Total Time: 20 minutes

Yield: 1 headband

• 1 old t-shirt
  • scissors
  • pins
  • 2 buttons
  • thread

1. If you're using an old t-shirt like me, cut off the sleeves. Otherwise, lay out your fabric headband.
  2. Cut off any excess from the sleeve and place it around your head. Use your pins to very carefully mark the area directly above your ear. This is where you will sew on your buttons.
  3. Carefully remove the headband from your head with the pins in the target zones.
  4. Sew a button onto each target zone.
  5. Use the needle to wrap your thread around the threads beneath the buttons so they are very secure when in use.
  6. Place headband on your head and attach mask to the buttons. You're all set for hours of comfortable wear!

Crafts MiscellaneousJanuary 7, 2021
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Buttoned-Headband-for-Masks-1.html