Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Craft Uses for Shaving Cream

Shaving cream has its place in the craft supply cabinet. This is a guide about craft uses for shaving cream.

March 16, 2015 Flag

This dough is very easy to make and my kids love it. It's even kinda cold when you are working with it. My daughter loves making snowmen with her dough. It's a big hit.

Total Time: 5 minutes

Yield: About 4 cups.

Source: Pinterest-inspired

• 4 cups of baking soda
  • 6 oz (1/2 of a 12 ounce can) of shaving cream

I got my shaving cream from the Dollar store.

1. Fill a bowl with shaving cream. I used about 1/2 of the can and it filled up my bowl.
  2. Add baking soda. Stir to mix. The consistency is similar to pie dough before you form it into a ball. You may need to add more baking soda or shaving cream to get it how you like it, but it seems pretty forgiving with the measurements.
  3. Have fun making snowmen and whatever else your kids come up with!
  4. Related Content(article continues below)
CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This reminds me of a popular product in the stores that my kids always wanted but it was too expensive so I never got it. Longest sentence ever!:) I think it's moon sand. I will definitely have to make this for them and maybe they'll forgive me.

January 28, 2012 Flag

Make colorful artwork using shaving cream and paint. Then transfer them to paper!

Approximate Time: 10 to 15 minutes

Instructions:

1. Spray the shaving cream onto the tray or cookie sheet and spread to the size of the paper you have.
  2. Next drop some of each color of paint on top of the shaving cream.
  3. Using toothpicks have your child swirl the colors around in the shaving cream.
  4. When they are finished creating their colorful artwork, place the card stock paper over top and press gently to make sure it touched all of the paint.
  5. Next lift up the paper and using the spatula scrap the shaving cream off of the paper.
  6. The paper should have the colorful designs on in now. Let it dry and you can use the colorful paper for another craft in the future display your child's art work as it is!

By Domestic Charm from Arizona

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thanks for sharing! I will definitely give it a try.

My Dad, is on a genealogy kick. He's been going to a lot of old cemeteries, documenting old dates and info for births, deaths, marriages, number of children, etc. One problem he kept having was the dates not coming through on his camera, since the older tombstones turn dark with dirt, mold, etc. Now he carries a can of spray foam men's shaving cream with him, just for this very purpose.

Mix shaving cream and a tablespoon or so of Kool-Aid to make a tinted, scented finger paint material for small children. A cookie sheet makes a good table on which to mix paint colors and serves as a play surface for the kids to swirl the shaving cream.

3-D finger painting! Perfect for preschoolers and elementary children. Try finger painting with equal parts of washable finger paints and shaving cream (the white, foamy, spray kind).

Crafts Crafts For KidsApril 2, 2013
A pink razor.
Shaving Your Bikini Area
A woman shaving her legs.
Tips for Shaving Your Legs
Shaving Cream on Black
Cleaning With Shaving Cream
Homemade Shave Cream
Homemade Shaving Cream Recipes
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 27, 2017 at 8:14:29 AM on 10.0.2.164 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.