Crafts Made With Wine Corks

Tips and ideas for making crafts with wine corks.

Wine Cork Wreaths

Make wine cork wreaths - hold the corks together using straightened paperclips and bend into a round shape. Add tiny ribbon bows between each cork or one large bow on top as a hanger. Make great gifts!

By Valerie

A Bulletin Board

Cut them in 1/2 length wise and glue them next to each other and you've got a message center. Thumb tack notes to it.

By Jay

Finger Puppets

You can paint them and then paint faces on them. Add hair and then attach, with glue, a piece of wrap around velcro to back side of wine cork. You can then attach this to your finger to use as a finger puppet. Add doll clothes to your fingers or even attach clothes to base of cork for more details. They make cute dolls.

By tklein9382

Dining Room Baseboard

They make a really attractive dining room baseboard. Cut them in half, stick on the wall, and top with a piece of quarter-round.

By Dragon

Decorator Wreath Idea

Wine corks and miniature wine bottles makes a nice decorator wreath.

By Syd

Drum Beads

Here's a new one I just ran into:

Fiber Drum Necklace

This shows you how to fabricate wine corks into little drums to use as beads in a necklace. Requires small pieces of leather, thread and cork.

By Susan from ThriftyFun

Wine Cork Hot Pad

While helping to clean up after my nephew's wedding, I gathered all the wine corks. Later at home I made them into a hot pad or trivet. I just arranged them in a single layer in rows, turning them so the top was up and the next one the top was down, as they are fatter at the top, turning them help equal that out, till I found what I thought looked good and then hot glued them together.

Glued a ribbon around them, so it made a loop at the top to be hung up if they wished. Wrote on the back of it with a Sharpie permanent marker their names and wedding date & my name. I hope that gives you another idea.

By trashcrafter

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

To add to the hot pad feedback - my sister takes a picture frame, without the glass, and glues the half corks inside the confines of the edges. This gives it a more finished look, and you can still glue a ribbon on it to hang it. (07/27/2006)

By mrsmutt

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

I keep wine corks in a basket with a pretty ribbon tied on the basket handle. It can be displayed with a wine bottle in a wine basket on a pretty tray; embellished with artificial flowers/artificial grape clusters or even real flowers and grapes; tuck some greenery between the flowers and grapes . This arrangement would be nice for a couple's gathering with hor d'orves, drinks, etc. (07/06/2007)

By WandaJo

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

For the hot plates what kind of glue did you use? Glue gun isn't holding and I'm afraid it might melt with a hot pan on it? Help!
mhprep AT (09/12/2007)

By maggi

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

I saw in one of the women's mags a Christmas tree (centerpiece) made out of wine corks. Does any one know which magazine it was. Good Housekeeping, Ladies Home Journal? (10/29/2007)

By amy

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

The Christmas tree made of wine corks was in Woman's Day, Dec 5 2006 issue. (02/17/2008)

By cj

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

Hi all, here's one I haven't seen yet. My son had a project using trash at school and I had kept a bagful of corks from our local restaurant. We used the corks and built a Log Cabin house.

Using a shoe box cut out windows and doors and then as they normally lay out logs extending at the corner of the house do the same with the logs (corks). They are easily cut by placing on your cutting board and using a sharp knife. We used whole corks but you could also cut them in half lengthwise. Get Corking! (05/08/2008)

By Rebecca

Crafts Made With Wine Corks
Wine cork used as name card holder
Reusing Corks
Handmade wine cork corkboard
Recycled Wine Cork Bulletin Board
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors