Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Wine Cork Self Portrait
Ok... here are some answers to the posted questions:
1) I didn't drink all the wine... the picture you see has 1,776 corks in it. I had to go through about 4,000 to get the right ones, however.
2) I'm not an artist - actually, I'm a CEO by day. That's why it took me 4 years! ...can I still take the tax deduction? :-)
3) My eyesight is good - thanks for asking tennesue!
4) I had to build a string grid to hold the corks in place... then I glued each one in place.
5) I used a black and white picture of myself to refer to. I took each pixel and marked the shade a 1-12. I then made a sample block of corks that represented 12 shades of purple. After sorting through 4,000 corks, I had enough of the different shades to plug them in the right spot.
6) This is my first and last cork project... I might try and do something simliar with colored tiles.
7) Thanks for all your nice comments!
Very nice. Incredible.
Wow...this is really amazing!!! Great job. You must be quite an artist. Thanx for sharing this self portrait with us.
Very, very cool! Quite a creative piece of art!
Have to ask a funny question though.