Crafts Using Fabric Remnants

Category Fabric
Your local fabric store often has a special section for fabric remnants, sold at discounted prices. These pieces of fabric vary in size, as they are often the ends of a bolt of fabric. This is a guide about crafts using fabric remnants.

Here is a list of things I plan to do in the future because after buying remnants at Walmart, I have fallen in love with certain fabrics and want them all around me all the time. The fabric I am talking about here is a red, gold, and brown fabric with the words "Faith and Hope" written on it.

I had covered a spiral notebook for myself, and I decided I would go on from here and I am never looking back!

Here we go:

I could go on and on with this. I am in love with fabric~:)

By Robyn from Hampton, TN

I was just at Wal-mart yesterday, buying a yard and half of blue fleece in our school color. It was $1.50 per yard, and the entire cost was under three dollars. I made the scarves thicker than the ones at the store. Also I fringed the ends, since the kids wanted them that way. I was able to make four scarves for less than three dollars, and they were thick and wide. The store wanted five dollars per scarf on the rack but the scarves at the store were not made out thick fabric, I guess they were more for decoration.

Robyn

I like to get remnants from Walmart and cover little notebooks and notepads and keep them in my purse. I love fabric remnants, and I have this piece of fabric (in the photo below), which has covered a simple notepad that I keep in my purse.

I either use duct tape to match the fabric or a glue gun. I could make it with lace and such, but I mainly use them for a book cover. I am going to cover a puzzle book I am working on now. It makes the paper notepads and other books stay together and not get torn. I have matching rubber bands of different colors that I like to use with these little notepads.

There is a fundraiser sale going on soon and I am going to make up the cute little notepads and sell them for the local shelter.

By Robin F. from Hampton, TN