Browsing: Crafts Using Glass Flower Vases

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Crafts Using Glass Flower Vases

These cut flower display containers that are easy to come by, can be fun decorating projects. This guide contains crafts using glass flower vases.

Wrapping yarn around a glass vase.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

November 15, 2013 Flag

Old bud vases make great decor or find new usefulness as a candy dish.
I painted mine as a Santa for Christmas.

Santa painted on bud vase.Looking down at candy in painted vase.

October 16, 2004 Flag

I am searching for ideas on reusing glass flower vases. I want to do something with them for a Christmas bazarr. I have all sizes and shapes of vases and rose bowls. It needs to be something easy and inexpensive, as I have many! I hate having to toss them.

Thanks, in advance, for any 'solutions'!

Billie

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I collected some vases and clear jars, added sand and shells. Buyers loved them.

I made smaller ones with plastic jars for preschool discovery table and secured lids very tightly with glue. In addition to shells, I added other interesting items such as a small toy car. They played "discovery" with them, by shifting the jars back and forth to see what would "come up."

All great ideas! I'm very visual so I recommend visiting this site and either posting your question or doing a search of the forum for past posts. There are many, many pictures!! HTH.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/treasure/

An inexpensive way to decorate for Summer is to put lemons in the bottom of a vase or bowl and then put a few blue silk flowers coming out of the top

glass painting or glaze pens could be used to decorate them.

Read More Answers...

November 11, 2007 Flag

I have several medium to large glass vases that are sitting around collecting dust. I'm wondering about crafts to do with them. I have one on my table filled with pine cones and acorns and other seasonal dried flora as decoration. Thanks!

Stefani from Lexington, KY

If the vase(s) have smooth top edges, get a glass plate(bread and butter size or a saucer) in clear glass. Using assorted colors of aquarium sand, make a layered design, dipping skewers in to make changes in the lines of the design if desired. Then,using a glass or porcelaine glue,attach the plate/saucer to the top of the vase, bottom side to the lip of the vase. Add a pillar candle and u have a lovely candle stand.

I have not tried this but I will; get a plate larger than the top of the vase but not too big that it will make it tip.

you can put something colorful inside (or not) and use glass glue to glue the plate to the top and you have made a cake plate that is one of a kind. another idea is to fill vase with potporri(spelled wrong?)and throughout the potporri put a string of Christmas lights leaving the plug out of course cover the top with a pretty paper or real doily(sp?).

So when you turn the lights on, it smells good luck to ya me to ;)

I have actually been looking for some glass vases so that I can put small jewels or aquarium rocks or small shells in the bottom, then put a candle in a decorate with ribbon, although i was thinking about also sponge painting part of the jar for decor too! Hope it helps someone else!

I used two of mine for betta fish tanks. Bettas like small area tanks and they look great with some lucky bamboo coming out of the top. Good luck

Read More Answers...

November 3, 2004 Flag

If you have extra, empty vases, cover them with cloth of your choice. Place a heavy object in bottom to keep the vase from falling over. Buy Styrofoam craft balls or doll heads to fit in the vase opening. Add facial features to Styrofoam balls. Use some yarn for hair. Make a cap from cloth to match the body. It is a good way to use extra vases for inexpensive gifts or knickknacks. I take them to sick friends for a "Get Well," or "Cheer up," gift.

By Gladys

May 25, 2012 Flag

This is a guide about making a yarn wrapped vase. If you are looking for an easy, but attractive, way to give new life to a plain vase; try wrapping it with colorful yarn.

Yarn Wrapped Vase With Tulips

Crafts Recycled Crafts ContainersNovember 7, 2013
Flower Vase
Cleaning Flower Vases
Glass Vase
Cleaning Stains From Glass Vases
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Gluing Glass to Glass
Gluing Glass to Glass
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 3:54:25 PM on 10.0.1.174 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.