Browsing: Crafts Using Glass Soda Bottles

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Crafts Using Glass Soda Bottles

Although not as common as they once were, glass soda bottles can still be used for your craft projects. This is a guide about crafts using glass soda bottles.

May 17, 2012 Flag

Glass Coke BottleI have many glass soda bottles, 30 or so, and I love to make arts and crafts. When I look online for ideas, I can only seem to find crafts for plastic bottles.

By Hannah

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I don't remember where I saw this idea, but all you need is the cap or cork and the coke bottle. Fill these bottles with candy, (Runts, Skittles, M&M's (different kinds) or any small candies), either put cap back on or use a cork to seal, put some raffita around the neck with a note and you have a gift. You can sell these as well. I have even layered some of the candies in a bottle, its fun and sort of recycling & useful. Have fun!

Go to Favecrafts.com I seem to remember seeing an article of what to do with wine bottles. You could get ideas from that or check out if they have anything with Coke bottles. It's a Great site & they have something for everyone. Good Luck.

Also look below these posts. Things to do with glass bottles - see it?

I use a small green coke bottle for olive oil which I keep on my counter top. I buy a big bottle of organic olive oil and freeze it. I fill the coke bottle when it gets low. That way you can keep your oil from going rancid. I use a pouring wine stopper on the top of the bottle. You could also use a cork or you can make a stopper with non toxic polymer clay.

I've also seen a picture of a coke bottle turned into a liquid hand soap dispenser. You will need the pump apparatus from a used hand soap container. If the tubing is not long enough to reach the bottom of the bottle you can extend it with plastic tubing.

You can use coke bottles as salt and pepper shakers at a picnic or barbeque. Just fill them and put the caps back on tightly. Punch holes in the caps with nails. Punch smaller or fewer holes for the pepper, and larger ones for the salt.

Read More Answers...
Crafts Recycled Crafts ContainersJanuary 16, 2013
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Gluing Glass to Glass
Gluing Glass to Glass
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 29, 2016 at 4:19:49 PM on 10.0.1.248 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.